“Glad to be off the Fortuna, won't get back on EVER!”
Cruise review of Costa Fortuna

bartman4 Costa Fortuna 2 Glad to be off the Fortuna, won't get back on EVER!
bartman4
Member Since 2010
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
Just got off a Western Caribbean itinerary on the Costa Fortuna. I love cruising with my family and have been to Alaska on Carnival, Western Caribbean with Disney and Costa and Eastern Caribbean with Century and Carnival in the past 18 months. The other cruises were awesome and had food, staff and entertainment that exceeded my expectations. Not so on the Fortuna. The staff were generally very nice.

The food was poor. I like to cook and eat and the food we eat everyday at home is far, far better than on the Fortuna. They literally overcooked all meat. Fish, pork, chicken, beef - all thoroughly overcooked. Variety was also sorely lacking. I ended up looking forward to getting into port just so I could go get a descent meal on land that didn't resemble what I'd been eating on board.

The entertainment was weak. Disney was by far the best for family entertainment but Century and Carnival had several shows that we could all enjoy. The Fortuna's shows were strange. Think scuba diver climbing a rope with projection fish in the background followed a bit later by Irish dancing and an Italian singing Oh Danny Boy. Weird...

The positives- Kids camp was good and my daughters enjoyed it. On par with Carnival, not equal to Disney, better than Century. The New Years party was a lot of fun.

Unfortunately, for me and my family, the poor food and so-so entertainment made this the worst of my recent cruising experiences. No desire to repeat on Fortuna or Costa for that matter.

Costa Fortuna Cruises to the Western Caribbean

No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Costa Fortuna Review
Costa Fortuna Cruises to the Western Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?