MSC Poesia Cruise Review by Jrbean

Member Name: Jrbean
Cruise Date: November 2009
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Cabin Category: 9
See More About: MSC Poesia Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | MSC Cruises Cruise Deals
Dining Not Rated
Service Not Rated
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Ship Facts: MSC Poesia Review (by Cruise Critic!) | MSC Poesia Deck Plans
M.S.C My Sucky Cruise
Negative? How can you not be negative about the this cruise line. The "BEST" thing going about this ship/cruise line is getting off!

Ok_I will be a little more defined in our cruise experience with the beautiful "Poesia" ship. Traveling with 3 others on a themed "Shiprocked Cruise" that we all have been looking forward too for almost a year became a complete "shipwreck"!

The boarding was chaotic and very unprofessional by the American staff. Once on-board the connecting balcony rooms were very nice with plenty of storage for a 5 days cruise. The room staff were very friendly and willing to help! But, I am afraid to say that is all the positive I can muster (not pun intended).

FOOD_I have had better at the local Fair. The times for the availability to eat was a joke. 630am-10am and not available until 1230pm. Even if you wanted something to drink, they staff would tell you to go to the bar,of course, you will be charged. The dining room was like communicating to a alien and the food wasn't any better.You would be lucky to get a refill on water!

SPECIALTY RESTAURANT_ O'blisco was great for food and service, even though you had to pay for the a la cart items, but be careful, because it was the best food/service on the ship,if you walk up without reservations you will be told that they can't accommodate. (even when they only had 6 tables being served, including us, the first tie dining)

STAFF_After complaining to the bar maid about no carbonation in the $7.00 cocktail, i sent the drink back only to observe the head bartender take a drink from MY straw to confirm the complaint. I might think that this action from management would be the reason why I received "Food Poisoning" for over 36 hours, missing both ports of call because I could not leave my stateroom and go to the infirmary to get something to help, due to the fear of having the cruise line "quarantine" our PARTY to the room, because I am sure after what I had witnessed in the previous 48 hours of food handling/management that they would not of blamed the food for my illness, but would of been a case of the "Swine Flu".

I have never been so HAPPY to pack, wait for my color to be called, and get off this cruise. M.S.C. stands for Must Cruise Celebrity!

Publication Date: 01/04/10