MSC Poesia Cruise Review by Rob MacPherson

MSC Poesia
Member Name: Rob MacPherson
Cruise Date: December 2009
Cabin Category: 9
See More About: MSC Poesia Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | MSC Cruises Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: MSC Poesia Review (by Cruise Critic!) | MSC Poesia Deck Plans
Never Again
This was my 4th cruise personally, second Christmas Cruise with my wife and 13 year old son, last year we cruise on the Carnival Valor and had an amazing time, this year we tried MSC on the POESIA becuae the price was right - BIG MISTAKE !! The service on board was awful, the food was substandard, the smoking on board on the decks and in lounges was out of control, 30-45 waits in line for lunch, 4 of the 7 evening meals were screwed up, my wife has a shellfish allergy and I specifically noted this when i booked, guess what happened, we are around 3 tables the third night and they serve shell fish right at our table, we have to get up and leave, our meals were incorrect 3 other nights and the complaints we lodged to the concierge on board at the front desk and Maitre D fell upon deaf ears - they don't care. I could not believe the large number of people complaining about the lack of service around us and they were also stating never agin would they use MSC. the ship was absoultely beautiful, the ports were amazing. MSC could really kick some serious butt with their product offering if they only cared about the passengers on board and could give adequate service at the least. if I had to do it over again I would have rather paid more and enjoyed our vacation, as the old saying goes you get what you pay for. I have lodged a formal complaint in writing to MSC and hoep they willl respond, I will update this when i get word back.

Publication Date: 01/02/10