Bahamas Celebration Cruise Review by smah

Cruise Date: December 2009
Destination: Bahamas
        3-6 3.0

Starter cruise
First let me start with a positive. The staff was very nice and tried to be very helpful. The ship was very small compared to the other cruise lines. The cruise was book as part of resort package. When we checked in the ship we were told that we had to pay a 9.00 a day per person fuel charge. That was unexpected. The entire ship was clean. All the bathrooms were clean. The rooms were extremely small but clean.The beds in the room felt awful. They had a thin mattress on the beds. One of the twin beds was nailed to the wall so it couldn't be moved. It felt as if I was sleeping on a piece of plywood with a cot on top of it.

I took my 59 year old mother who is disabled, my 3 yr.old daughter and my 6yr.old son and my partner. The ship was not handicapped friendly nor very kid friendly. However they had very small elevators in the corners of the ship that staff use and we used those elevators throughout the cruise. My children enjoyed the kid water slide. As for adult entertainment the pool an hot tub area was always crowded with children. The food was ok. They served the same food for lunch and dinner. Just at dinner the presentation was different. Everything was a buffet style dining which wasn't bad with little ones. I didn't like that the only free drink served was ice tea. For me that didn't work for my little one's. So I brought water for them to drink with their meals. The day care wasn't crowded so i left my 3yr.old and my 6yr.old son. Oh the age range was from 3-9yrs. old. I think that the age range should have been 3-6yrs.old. My 6 yr.old son got into a little trouble and the staff had no way to contact me. Although staff asks that you come and check on your children every hour, my son had already caused some problems before I returned to check on him. I recommended on the suggestion review that the daycare purchase cell phones or pagers to contact parents if an emergency occurs such as the larger cruise line.

Leaving the ship was not good. The Boward Co. police had dogs sniffing passengers luggage for drugs. My small children wanted to play with the dogs b/c we have two dogs and questioned why were the dogs present. Overall I think the cruise wasn't bad if it would have been my first cruise. I think it is a good starter cruise. My mother enjoyed herself and is looking forward to her next cruise.

Publication Date: 12/31/09