Carnival Dream Cruise Review by got2shop

Entertainment 5+
        7-9 4.0
        16+ 5.0

Terrible dream on the Dream
Cruised on Dream 12/12-12/19!Major issues...just got off the phone with Carnivals Presidents office(Yvette)to go over all my issues that I am about to go over for you...And was told that this was highest I can go! They did not care one bit!! And response was that it will be passed along for future guests!! Obviously they don't care because I am a past paying guest! How unacceptable!!! I was told that Carnivals guidelines are to not compensate no matter what issues you have had! my advice to you....don't cruise with carnival,I won't anymore!! Carnival does not care, on ship or off!!

1.) Started the nite before we left for Vacation, called Carnival rep. to go over Cruise info and when it came to flight, rep. flat out told me " you will never make your flight you need to change it right now." So with that being said I changed it with a $200 fee attached. Needless to say I ended up taking my original flight home and was out $200. Carnival Rushes you off ship! gosh they were on Debark 20 at 8:30 aNd they harass you non-stop that your luggage needs to come of carosel! Enough said uggh

2.) We Get on ship and go to room about 1:30ish room looks done so we go and settle in..sit on bed and sheets are dirty..hair, holes and toilet paper! Yuck Called Guest Serv. and they said we had to wait for our steward to be on duty! whattt...WoW! Had to wait 1hr before we saw steward(Pedro)and he blamed housekeeping for dirty sheets because turnover is very fast!! No Excuse!! Bathroom also had sewage smell and needed to be re-cleaned.

3.)Violated privacy and watched me dress! Twice, without notice written or verbal, Carnival employees were on my balcony cleaning early in morning aNd were looking in when I was dressing. Yes, looking room!!! We always keep drapes open to get the ocean feel!! Unacceptable Went to pursers and was brushed off!

4.)Third day into Cruise our cabin was not cleaned! Ran into steward in hall and said "oh, sorry I have to have key in by certain time and didn't make it to your room...You need to call housekeeping if you want your cabin cleaned!" Now, Excuse me! Another issue pursers desk blew off!

5.)Carnival employees in Pasta Bar have the nerve to talk about Guests right in front of us!! This happened on numerous occasions(we ate lunch there each day)and once was about our own child because he ordered an extra plate of pasta! Unbelieveable

6.)Purchased Soda cards 1 adult 1 child...Son was accused of using card from another Cruise! Child ,14 yr old, should never be accused period!! We were furious with the nerve to confront a child!! Bar manager looked on Sign&Sail card and saw purchase Than apologized for Carnivals Mistake by giving wrong card and not new process of Soda sticker! WoW it justs keeps getting worse!!

7.)Constant sewage smell on ship! Toilet constantly clogged for no reason! Maint. man Rude and knows NO english..twice told us lines clogged on Ship! Disgusting!! Pursers ,once again, didn't care!

8.)Staff member complaining that on this Newest Biggest Ship the Dream..Staff was only increased by 10% and that is reason for poor and non-existent service! Unacceptable

9.)Don't expect room service when you order it! Ours never came twice!! To Sum this all up..Yes, Carnival has cut Way Back on Service and Food! Buffets were very scarce and constantly had to ask for food to be brought out! Desserts were duplicated a few days! Lines were constant!! Having proper amount of staff for this Biggest ship would have prevented this!! The most pleasant experience we had was sitting at bar by casino..staff constantly wonderful and attentive whole Cruise! Dining room was OK but Server Soo Over worked that meals took very long! Guests (including us)were constantly complaing amongst eachother the issues we were experiencing and how unhappy and disappointed we all were!! Heard a constant comment that they will never cruise with Carnival again. Shows were enjoyable, a must see is the show Dancin in the streets!! The Fun Crew(break dancers)Great addition to Entertainment!! Comedians very funny.. Jeff the fun dude, the Ship could do without! Not funny and very aggresive! Slide's (Twister and Drainpipe) super fun! Entertainment was Great and would go into late hours of nite!! BuT, if any issue's are experienced Carnival does not care!! Also purchase coffee, the coffee included is terrible! And some staff more into eachother and goofing off than guest they are there to serve! They always say, You get what you pay for!If you have $3200 for4(2 adults & 2 children) to flush down the toilet than Carnival is for you! I will Never Cruise with Carnival again because, just to think if a Major issue does come up, You are on Your Own!!And to think that this is Carnival's Newest and Biggest Ship, And Sevice and Experience this Poor! I am going to take other passengers advice and try Royal Carribbean, it is more $$ but well worth it we were advised!! This was a Very Honest and Sincere review in Hopes to help others! Was very nervous because there were many poor reviews before our Cruise but we were already booked before Dream even set sail!! advice...Sail Carnival at your own risk if you have the money to waste!!!

Publication Date: 12/31/09