Carnival Valor Cruise Review by blueankle67: Could have been better!

Carnival Valor 3
Member Since 2009

Overall Member Rating

Could have been better!

Sail Date: December 2009

Just back from a cruise on the Valor, December 13-20th. We travelled with 14 famly members with a 10 month old grandaugher. We had been looking forward to this cruise for months. We had a wonderful time, everything was very clean and the staff friendly. Our son and his wife and baby were in an inside cabin 6365 it was supose to be under the promonade by the casino, under shops etc. Well luck would have it they were under the BAND, that is not marked in the book and they could not even hear the TV when the band was playing, and yes did not make it easy to relax or for the baby to sleep. They went to ask about moving, and they said well blame your travel agent she put you there. Well if you look at the book the BAND is not marked in being anywhere in that area. So when you are booking please make sure you are no where near that band and stay away from that room.

When you first get on the food is so good, we dined in the dinningroom at night at table 505. Our beverage waiter More gave me my diet coke everynight without any kind of reminder (it is the small things that inpress me) We ate our lunch and breakfast in Rosies or the food served by the pool. Well by about the 3rd day the food was pretty much all the same, no variety at all in my opinion. I know food should not be the big part of your vacation but hey lets face it is. They need to work on variety big time. The breakfast was so....BORING it felt good to get home to have toast and peanut butter!

Entertainment...well it was ok, and yes same old thing, hairy chest contest, drink contest, bingo....can they not mix things up a little for people who cruise more then once in their life???? I have to say the newlywed game was so funny, best entertainment of the cruise, the older couple were a hoot and we laughted all day!

Getting off the ship...horrible, over two hours in line for customs. You might has well have no staff there, they don't help, they yell at you like cattle.

Anyhow I must say no WOW factor at all and I am not one who needs that but a little would have been nice. I am going back to NCL you might pay more but it is worth it! The Pearl and Dawn rock big time,now to save more money to take the family. Less

Published 12/31/09

Read more Carnival Valor cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Valor Review >>

Compare Prices on Carnival Valor Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Cabin review: 4G2388 Interior

Read All Interior (4G) Reviews >>

Grand Cayman...took a taxi to the beach, was very nice and save money don't book on the ship. Town was very expensive to shop and crowded.

Hondouras..beautiful, there is a new 62 million port that just opened. Many shops, beautiful buildings. There is a beach there with a ski lift to take you over, right at the port. Zip Line that my son and his two buddies took $40.00 bucks with pictures, all new and they loved it. My husband and I took the Tabyana beach excursion...worth every penny. Beautiful beach! Snorkling right there, it felt like swiming in an aquarium. Best experience of the cruise.

Belize, went to the dock and took a beach trip with Wet and Wild, we had Randy who was so nice and told us all about his country and way of life...he was awesome. My husband and son took the snorkle with them and it was ok but you really had to be a good strong swimmer and they did not see anymore or less maybe then right at the beach at Grand Cayman and Tabyana. But for the money the beach is really nice.

Cozemal...well we took a taxi to the beach, the water was too rough and we could not rent any water sport toys...disappointed. The shops at the port same old crap..t-shirts etc and the people are not very nice! Go into town and see the real mexico.

Read 1154 Miami Reviews

Compare Prices on Carnival Valor Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Member Since 2009
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X