Celebrity Century Cruise Review by sandrak507

Celebrity Century
Celebrity Century
Member Name: sandrak507
Cruise Date: December 2009
See More About: Celebrity Century Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals

Mother-Daughter Cruise for the Holidays
My daughter and I selected the Century based on the cruise reviews read here on Cruise Critic. The food was excellent and the service outstanding. The Murano was outstanding, although the food in the Grand Restaraunt was also fabulous. We were in a Century Suite. If you are a smoker, the Century suite is the way to go as you can take the stairs up one flight to the Sunset bar, the only place you can smoke that I am aware of on the ship. The down side is you are on the aft and you can bet every morning you are docking or coming to port you will be woke up early by the ships engines churning you awake. The Balcony was much larger than advertised. I was suprised to find out they were atleast 3 times the size we were promised with padded lounge chairs in addition to the table with two chairs. We usually had our breakfest on the Balcony with room service. The Century, I am told, is the oldest ship in the Celebrity fleet. You will not be disappointed however, if you are looking for an intimate quite cruise for you and your loved one, perhaps minus the crowds of the new larger party vessels. I found the spa exercise area to be more than adequate with new equipment. It was perhaps crowded the first couple days, but I didn't have to wait long for a piece of cardio equipment to be available (I didn't come on board to get in shape any how, so much as work off the calories I just consumed). Buffet was always wonderful with many cheese selections. (once again, if you are on the penthouse deck, the buffet and sunset loung are just one floor up.) I would definitely do this cruise again. The shows were good. This was my third cruise so I can only compare to the Norwegian Jewel, who had the best shows of all cruises I have taken and the Royal Caribbean Liberty of the Seas, who needed to pull the feeding bag off a couple of their singers.....who were quite talented and could sing circles around the Centuries performers.....but just a bit larger than I am used to...am I being a bit unkind? There is give and take in every cruise. Average age cruiser on the Century is 40-60plus age group so this is not a party cruise, but a great place to go if you want great food, to be surrounded by couples, to read a good book you have wanted to for a long time in the peace and quite of your room, and relax with someone you love. Alcohol prices were reasonable, no more than you would pay in any restaraunt. If you went with the daily specials it was $5 drink. A bottle of wine was usually around $40 if you didn't go too extravagant. We did prepaid gratuities so I was disappointed in the end that I was not able to give extra to the great service I received from my Butler and Wait staff like on previous crusies.

Publication Date: 12/29/09