Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by Inletguy: Chrtistmas on the Oasis of the Seas

Inletguy
Member Since 2009

Compare Prices on Oasis of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Chrtistmas on the Oasis of the Seas

Sail Date: December 2009

Every Christmas we take a trip somewhere nice, after staying at some of the nicest resorts in the Caribbean and Hawaii, I caught a special on Fox News about the Oasis of the Seas and decided to book the December 19 Christmas cruise. (I am so glad we did).

My review is as follows:

We arrived in Ft Lauderdale at 10:00am on Spirit Airlines, the first thing I noticed was that RC had the shuttle service available at that terminal even though it did not mention it on their website which is where we booked the cruise. We decided to take a taxi to the ship it cost $20 with tip the RC shuttle would have been $30. We were there 30 minutes quicker than the shuttle anyway. The check-in was smooth as silk, we were taken upstairs and expected that we were going to have to wait for a while, nope, we were allowed to board at 11:00am. After you walk up the gangway you enter the Promenade, first impression was WOW what an incredibly beautiful ship. Kinda like walking into a mall. We More were not allowed into our cabin until 1:00pm so we did some exploring of the upper decks. The solarium was going to be home for us while cruising.

First night we had dinner in the main dining room we had My Time Dining which was very nice, just walk up and eat, this was even better during the cruise as our schedule remained very flexible. Food in the main dining room was better than any of inclusives I have stayed. We ate there 3 times during the cruise, on lobster night my wife had two lobster entrees and I had prime rib and a lobster entree. Formal nights were on the second and 6th night. Our other dining experiences were at Chops Grill, now that was my favorite, the ribeye was the best I have had in quite a while. The other night we ate at the 150 Central Park the Signature restaurant, we had a very upscale 6 course dinner, it was very good along with the premium wine pairing, that's a lot of wine folks, so be prepared.

We ate at most every other venue on the ship we could, my least favorite was the Windjammer, and favorites were the Seafood Shack, Johnny Rockets and the healthy buffet in the Solarium Bistro. The Cafe in Central Park is also very good, its best to mix up the food as it is different in every venue. Yes you pay a few more dollars at some of these restaurants but it is worth it, even had a cupcake, and they are as good as they look.

Shows were all first class and very entertaining, Hairspray, Frozen in Time the Ice Show, Come Fly with Me, Oasis of Dreams. Comedy Club, DONT FORGET YOUR RESERVATIONS BEFORE YOU BOARD. The reason I say this is our cruise had about 3000 plus guests which was by design, I think when it is fully booked it may be harder to get a show. There is so much to do on the ship that you can do something different every hour, plus you will get plenty of exercise walking around this behemoth. It is very easy to get around and never had to wait on an elevator ever.

Service was first class everywhere, better than any resort I have ever been to. We gambled every day and night and the slots were looser than most shore bases casinos, although I played Blackjack most of the time, even won the Blackjack tournament which cost you $20 to enter.

Spa, cant say I enjoyed it, (LOL) my wife spent my life's savings getting treatment and services and when they add that tip it gets pricey in a hurry, watch out guys.

Drinks, that was my specialty, Jack and Ginger, wine, Champagne Bar, pina coladas all were well made.

Ports, well I had already been to all of them before so we only went ashore in Nassau for about 2 hours and about 4 hours in St. Thomas, longer in St. Maarten as the beach was right next to the ship.

All in all Royal Caribbean has done a magnificent job with this ship, there was virtually no motion on the ship at all, my wife is very motion sensitive and she made it fine with her patches, but honestly you could not tell you were moving most of the time.

This is a ship that you can spend the full seven days without ever leaving to go ashore.

Every person we met said the same about this ship and on our cruise is was 50 diamond cruisers on-board.

Life is what you make of it, and I would recommend this ship to anyone. Less

Read more Oasis of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Oasis of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Oasis of the Seas Superior Oceanview Stateroom with Large Balcony Deck 6 8596

We stayed in Cabin 8596 D1 category on the same deck as Central Park on the hump. When we arrived at our cabin our luggage was already there and our steward Lobo greeted us and filled us in on the cabin. Cabin was small by resort standards yet very comfortable, bed was great. If I had to book again I would go down a class as you don't really need that much deck anyway. Shower was tight but always hot, storage was just adequate for 2, safe was small but fine for a full sized camera and valuables. HDTV was great, full account review and your itinerary was available as well.

My least favorite port, it has always had a fairly high crime rate so stay close to the main street.

Read 2665 Nassau Reviews

Nice and clean, great shopping, great beaches and restaurants.

Shopping is tight and an ordeal, get ready to say no thank you. Prices are fair but not fantastic.

Read 2342 St. Thomas Reviews