Norwegian Gem Cruise Review by lubalouis: HUGELY DISSAPPOINTED

25 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

Sail Date: December 2009
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

We sailed on Dec. 19. The cruise was to celebrate my Mother's 87th birthday. We were so glad when it was over. I've been on many cruises. This was horrible. First let me say the food was ATROCIOUS! It was overcooked, over seasoned, over sauced or otherwise tasteless. Even the deserts were bland. I enjoyed one creme brulee. I am not picky but expect well prepared food on a cruise.

If anyone from NCL is reading this, please, take a cruise on Princess to see how it's done right. The NCL Garden Cafe buffet is a joke. No trays, one buffet area and not enough seating. My elderly Mom could not manage.

There is no place to relax near an adult pool. Only one adult pool! And it's adjacent to the childrens pool with slide. Very noisy. To top it off people were smoking cigarettes and CIGARS in the lounge area next to the children's pool. Who planned this ship!!

To top it off I got a horrible stomach bug and then my Mother got it. She was very sick on her birthday! I More read on a previous review that people also got the bug on the previous week's cruise. And I know other's on our ship got it. We literally spent most of the week in the cabin. The room stewards and waiters were very sweet and helpful although they and the crew denied anyone was sick!

The daily newsletter was difficult to read and there wasn't anything about daily activities on tv except for sales promotions. Not well organized and difficult to get information on this ship. Not even weather on the tv. Psgr services only had it for the next day.

I made it to a bingo game and thought the bingo announcer mc, whatever person, was unclear, rude and generally lacking in personality.

On the positive, the minisuite was quite nice and spacious. The entertainment seemed good, although we only got to 2 shows. Talented singers and dancers.

Published 12/29/09

Read more Norwegian Gem cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Gem Review >>

Compare Prices on Norwegian Gem Bahamas Cruises

Cabin review: 11113

Comfortable. Appreciated lounge chair on balcony. Cramped area between bed and closet. Nice tub. Nicely decorated, not as ostentatios as rest of the ship.

Member Since 2009
25 Forum Posts
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X