Carnival Dream Cruise Review by oceanblue33

Public Rooms 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

A VERY DREAMY CHISTMAS INDEED
My wife and I were celebrating our 20th anniversary. We chose Carnival because in all honesty it gave use more for the money.

Food it was very good. the lido deck well its a buffet and they did have some tasty dishes up there. Our dinning room was excellent every day from starter to the soups and deserts. And of course the main entree. What really help us was our waiter would recommend most of the food. I sometimes would ask how the steaks were he would reply its very tough Mr. Jay. As I said before the soups were fantastic cream potato was very good. Oh the cream Brulee was to die for. Now going back to the lido deck the burgers were always fresh and tasty. Pizza was ok if you got a freshly bake one. Allot of fruit, I can't get enough of fruit. One thing I must say about the lido deck many people complain about the lines and rudeness of other passengers. I for myself and my wife never seen it except on sea days. Which would be expected. On those days the lines weren't that long maybe five min. There pasta bar was great also. Coffee on Carnival was good.

Service was outstanding through our cruise. Our waiter Austin was the best. His recommendation were always right on. He would refer us by our first names which was a first for me nice touch. His side kick was filling our beverages and keeping fresh bread in our grasp. Ken the maitre d was an entertaining gent and a cool voice. Room service was always on time even on the last day at 6 am. Can't forget Noor our cabin steward friendly and kept our cabin very clean. And the towel animals were there every evening. Love those little chocolate mints on our pillow. Going back to the lido deck I found that the employees up there were always friendly and keeping the tables clear for other people.

Entertainment was ok I guess, nothing to write home about. The young lady who sang in the production show can really sing.. The fellow lead singer not impressed with him. During the Motown tribute he was just awful I thought. The dancers were ok I guess. Break dancers were very good. Never went to see the piano bar to smokey for us. Todd Whitmire my personal opinion. He just doesn't make himself more visible to us the passengers. He can always hear him through the intercom and see him on TV whoopee. This was supposed to be the Fun Ship. He's not that fun. Kenny Rush is still the best cruise director out there. I know he's with RCC. The laser shows were interesting and good to view. Going back to the production show they had one called dancing in the street. This by what our CD is the best show out on sea. Again not impress to much with any of the singers some of the dancers were good. Though at times off on there timing.

The Dream ship is a very beautiful ship but at times the layout a little confusing. After a few days you get the hang of it.Atrium on this ship was beautiful. Christmas decoration and all. Love the retro pics all over the ship very different. I know the ship in only a few months old but I must say the cleanliness was very good.

Excursions were very good also. A day in St. Martin was just awesome with our tour guide Slim. Never maade out there in St. Thomas due to one of us not feeling up to a day of sailing. I was really looking forward to that. Maybe next time.

Conclusion this was a very good cruise for my wife and I. It met and went above our expectation. You really can't ask for more than that. This was our first Carnival cruise and we will be back some time. BIG THANKS FORM US CARNIVAL. SEE YOU SOON.

Publication Date: 12/29/09