Carnival Dream Cruise Review by yamahauler

16+ 5.0
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Dream review points
Just returned this morning from cruising the Eastern Carribean leaving from Cape Canaveral. Being a first time cruiser figured I would give my 2 cents. First off the food was the best I have ever had. I am kind of picky on taste and was shocked that it was so magnificient from finger food to the steak. The customer service was second to none and I like they do the name recognition thing to make you feel like they actually know you.

The ports were great and there was enough to do on the ship to decide what you did and didnt want to participate in. The only downsides were the following: -We had (2) cabins one for my wife and myself and the other for our (2) college age kids. Both were located on the 6th floor above the casino. They should have insulated better on this location as people were having a great time as we could hear them until the casino closed every night. Also our cabin on the outside with a balcony creaked and groaned enough to keep us from falling asleep right away. I would think that the ship is designed to flex but they should have put foam tape between pieces that are designed to rub against each other. Kind of an attention to detail thing that Carnival didnt seem to miss anywhere else.

In summary for a first time cruise I would highly recommend this cruise and will be doing a cruise with them again in the future.

Publication Date: 12/29/09