Carnival Dream Cruise Review by yamahauler: Dream review points

Member Since 2009

Overall Member Rating

Dream review points

Sail Date: December 2009
Embarkation: Port Canaveral (Orlando)

Just returned this morning from cruising the Eastern Carribean leaving from Cape Canaveral. Being a first time cruiser figured I would give my 2 cents. First off the food was the best I have ever had. I am kind of picky on taste and was shocked that it was so magnificient from finger food to the steak. The customer service was second to none and I like they do the name recognition thing to make you feel like they actually know you.

The ports were great and there was enough to do on the ship to decide what you did and didnt want to participate in. The only downsides were the following: -We had (2) cabins one for my wife and myself and the other for our (2) college age kids. Both were located on the 6th floor above the casino. They should have insulated better on this location as people were having a great time as we could hear them until the casino closed every night. Also our cabin on the outside with a balcony creaked and groaned enough to keep us from falling asleep More right away. I would think that the ship is designed to flex but they should have put foam tape between pieces that are designed to rub against each other. Kind of an attention to detail thing that Carnival didnt seem to miss anywhere else.

In summary for a first time cruise I would highly recommend this cruise and will be doing a cruise with them again in the future. Less

Published 12/29/09

Read more Carnival Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Dream Review >>

Compare Prices on Carnival Dream Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Cabin review: 6334

Cabin # 6334, 6336 Both cabins were over the casino which was noisy when trying to go to sleep. In addition, cabin 6334 was noisy with creaking noise when the ship would flex. Also on 6334 it was above the outside hot tub so if you were looking out the balcony people in the hot tub always though you were staring at them.

yamahauler
Member Since 2009
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X