Carnival Glory Cruise Review by Sweet_Misery: Carnival Never Disappoints

Member Since 2005

Compare Prices on Carnival Glory Western Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Never Disappoints

Sail Date: December 2009

Embarkation: Because my Mom uses a wheelchair to travel, we didn't have to wait long to board. The muster drill is better on this ship because they don't make you bring all your life preservers with you to the drill.

Entertainment: The comedy ventriloquist wasn't funny, so we left that show early. I enjoyed the Just Rock show the most. We also went to Game Show Mania, Liar's Club, and Karaoke. We only saw one of the comedians, named Carl Strong, and he was hilarious.

In Room Movies: They were showing Watchmen, My Life in Ruins, Monsters vs Aliens, Ghosts of Girlfriends Past, New in Town.

Maintenance: In some of the restrooms on the ship, the toilet didn't have enough pressure to flush.

Red Sail Restaurant: we could usually find a table in the same section every morning. They have really good Chocolate muffins and omelets. We tried the fish and chips bar and the grille as well. We didn't care for the chocolate buffet. Don't leave your trays with More your drinks and silverware on them unattended as they might be snatched by the servers before you are finished.

Golden Dining Room: We were at a table for 9 and my Dad was the only male at the table. Our head waitress was really good and took the time to learn all our names. I really enjoyed penne mariscos, farfalle with turkey and peas, spaghetti carbonara, chilled fruit soups, fruit plates, creme brulee, sweet and sour shrimp, caesar salad, the creme cake with chocolate and raspberry sorbet, souffle, crab cakes, fettucini, and warm chocolate melting cake. We didn't care for the filet mignon, the tom turkey with pumpkin hash, or the chicken sicilian style

Debarkation: We were in zone 17. We ate breakfast and were off the ship by 10 AM Less

Read more Carnival Glory cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Glory Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Glory Balcony Verandah 8296

Great balcony, a lot more spacious room than the interiors, and Comfy couch bed.

My Dad went on the Barrier Reef shore excursion. It was raining and he didn't see many fish. Last time we were there, we went and saw the Altun-Ha Mayan Ruins and those are neat to see.

We got off ship and walking through the shops at the port. We took a cab downtown for seven dollars. We walked through the shops across from the beach, including the Hard Rock Cafe, which is the smallest one in the world. Buy your Mexican Vanilla downtown, because they wanted 12 dollars for the big bottle in the port shops, and we got it for 7. We took a cab back to the port and got back on board

Read 3106 Cozumel Reviews

We had to wait till noon to get on the tender, because we were getting off on our own and didn't have a scheduled shore excursion. We took a tour to Hell, Turtle farm, the Tortuga Rum Bakery for 20 dollars, plus 10 dollars for the Turtle farm entrance. When our tour was over, we walked down to the Hard Rock Cafe and through the shops at the port.

Isla Roatan is 30 miles off the coast of Honduras and the Carnival dock just opened two weeks ago, so it is very nice. We met our tour bus on the dock. We went on the Jolly Roger Catamaran with Gumbalinda park tour. We went on the catamaran sail first, where my Dad snorkeled. He said the snorkeling was great, but a lot of people got bitten by sea lice. We saw and held three monkeys in the park. The monkey that I held kept trying to sit on my head and he tried to steal the gum pack out of my purse pocket.

Read 1646 Roatan Reviews