“10 year anniversay cruise”
Cruise review of Carnival Liberty

Carol's lil sis Carnival Liberty 4 10 year anniversay cruise
Carol's lil sis
Member Since 2004
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
This was my 4th cruise I have been on and if I was rating them top to bottom it would fall as number 3. Them embarkation was very smooth and we got our luggge very quickly. The muster drill went very smooth also and it is nice that they do not make you wear the life jackets the whole time of the drill anymore. Had a wonderful sail away. The crew was fantastic and very helpful at all times. Our waiter and asst. (Edquairo and Methicka) were wonderful as was the food every night. Our only time we were not happy with food and service was the 3 times we tried the dining room for breakfast. The service was slow, food was cold, and poor choiceson the menu. Our favorite breakfast was room service to our balcony. Always right on time and good. Every night after dinner we tried our luck in the casino (bad for me good for my husband) and then enjoyed the nightly show. My favorite bar was the piano bar. Duane was very friendly and did great with audience participation. The staff did very well at making sure you were never thirsty. Drink cost were a little steep but that was expected. We had fun doing the pictures and looking at them every night. I did buy quite a few but would like to have bought more if they were not so expensive. They could lower the price and people would probably buy more. It would be nice to get some kind of package deal. That was definitly the rockiest ship I have ever been on. A lot of first time cruisers that I talked to said they would never cruise again if that was the way it always was. Friday night especially.

But overall we did have a great time and wish we could still be enjoying that great boat and weather. Especially on Half Moon Cay which was by far our favorite beach and time.

Carnival Liberty Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Balcony

8A6442
Very much liked our cabin. It was very roomy with a wonderful extended balcony. Got a little engine noise since we were at the back of the ship but we got used to it. Russell our cabin steward was great and always had everything we needed.

Port
Grand Turks was fun and beautiful but the beach was a little rocky and hard to get out of the water because you sank so much in the sand. Nothing like the beach at Half Moon Cay which was perfect and we also snorkeled with the sting rays there which was fun. We were suppose to snorkel in Grand Turks but one of the boats broake down and we did not get to. We did rent snorkel gear and swam around there in the swim area which was fun too. Margarittaville was nice and the pool. Once again I also enjoyed some shopping......always!!

Read 1,363 Grand Turk Reviews
Port
We also did a private tour in San Juan but it was aranged by another couple on the ship so I apologize that I do not know the name. Our guides name was Albert and he was great. He took us to the rainforest and made this crazy hat for us out of a giant leaf and we had fun with some pictures. The watefalls were beautiful. We then stopped at this local shack for lunch which was some of the best food we had all week. What fun! He then took us sightseeing and then dropped us off downtown for some shopping. It as a great time.

Read 2,275 San Juan Reviews
Port
We had a great time in St. Thomas. We did a private excursion through Godfrey Tours. They did a fantastic job. They met us at the pier and took us downtown to shop the stores and the straw market. Then they picked us up at the park where they had refreshments for us and took us sight seeing with some of the most beautiful picture spots ever. They were very informative about the island. Then you could either go to the beach for a while and they would come back and pick you up or go back to the shopping area by the boat, which we did. I would highly recommend them.

Read 3,413 St. Thomas Reviews
Published 12/28/09
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Liberty Review
Carnival Liberty Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?