Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by jay72877: Very clean ship with a great staff

jay72877
Member Since 2009

Compare Prices on Carnival Miracle Panama Canal & Central America Cruises

Very clean ship with a great staff

Sail Date: December 2009
Destination: Panama Canal & Central America

The Carnival Miracle was a nice cruise to be on with some positives and negatives comparing to other cruise lines.

Likes - The ship was extremely clean and we felt the staff was very friendly and nice. Our dining staff was great along with our room stewards. We had a balcony room which was very nice and clean.

Bingo was cheaper on the Miracle to participate in - on other cruise lines it is a bit more expensive.

Dislikes - The activities on ship were kind of boring. There were a lot of trivia games, but at times we were just sort of bored. I would recommend bringing a deck of cards. It was very relaxing, but in comparison to RCL and Princess the activities lacked. There wasn't a lot of variety. I missed watching movies like on Princess. There was a lot of bingo. Also, the timings for the shows were odd. On RCL and Princess there is usually for a 6:00ish show for the late dining, and then a 8:00ish show for the early dining. Not on this ship. The shows were More at 8:00ish and then at 10:00ish. I was a late seater, and by 10:00, I was too full and tired to see a show. But heard most of the shows were really good.

The food on the ship grew on me throughout the cruise. Certainly not as good as RCL or Princess. The food in the actual sit down dining room was fine, but the food on the buffet wasn't very good quality. The pizza isn't very good either. Dont get me wrong though, I certainly never went hungry. :)

The pool areas were fine, except I often felt grossed out in the pools and hot tubs. One time the pool water was so gross - I couldn't even step in the water.

Embarkation process to get on was a bit of drag. It was hot and it took about an hour. The workers checking you in were a little slow. Alos, going out of Ft Lauderdale is great a location. Distance from the airport is quick and convenient.

The overall motif and dEcor on the ship is interesting to say the least - and to be honest I didn't get it. Grapes, Phantom of the Opera, Alice in Wonderland, old Roman Paintings. It was just interesting.

Overall, I would recommend the Miracle. It was a nice ship.

I would go on Carnival again because the prices are good for repeat guests. Less

Read more Carnival Miracle cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Miracle Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Miracle Balcony Empress 6236

We were in 6236. The rooms were extremely clean and tidy. We had a great size balcony, and a nice size bathroom. The beds were a little hard for my liking. Closets were average to other ships. We even had a pull out couch bed, and had some extra blankets. They even gave us some toiletry samples like a razor and toothpaste which of ships have not done. It was great!

We chose the Raiders of the Last Cave. It was great. We got on a bus and took about an hour bus ride. The roads in Belize are the worst. About 30 minutes are going down some of the bumpiest dirt roads. They need a waiver just for the bus ride! It was a total bone rattler. Nonetheless, the guide, Elvis Usher, was great. He is so patriotic and passionate about Belize and his job. To distract us from the terrible roads he educated us about Belize. We got to the Caves and were greeted by a team of guides who suited us up for our adventure. The caves were really cool. First, we went in December. You donít need long pants and you donít need a long sleeve shirt. Our shoes did get wet though and heard that in the wet season the water gets high where you would have to swim. The caves were really cool, and the guides were great. We went zip lining twice, and repelled down a wall, and also did some rope bridges. It was all a lot of fun great for all ages. Just have to be up for a little physical activity. They even gave us a nice lunch. You can buy some Belize wine there which was a nice souvenir. We even bought the CD of pictures they took of us. And we took our small video camera and we were fine. In all, it was a great shore excursion. When we got back to Belize City we had some time and did some shopping. There is a small area where we felt safe to shop. In all, Belize is really UNBELIZEABLE!

We took the Panama Canal railroad offered by Carnival. For us, we really enjoyed it! We took a bus for about 20 minutes and got to see Colon. True, Colon is poor and dirty, but a lot of Central America is poor and dirty. We got the railroad and we had an interesting tour guide. His name was Uncle Marty. He was a little creepy, but generally, he did a great job along with all of his staff. We learned a lot about Panama and the Canal. Panama is really nice I think - but the country wouldn't be so nice if it wasn't for the Americans being there during war time and setting up all the infra-structure. We took the train for about an hour and saw the boats right by the canal. It was very nice. When the train ended we got on the bus and went to the Mira Flores locks. We didn't get to see any boats go through the canal, but it was really cool to see how everything worked. We were there in December, and it was very hot. About 95 degrees. We then got back on the bus and went to the Pacific Ocean and saw beautiful Panama City. We didn't get to go in the city, but saw the view. It looked very nice and somewhere I would like to go again.

On the way back we were supposed to take the bus back to the Colon, but we lucked out and got to take the train back to Colon. They provided a nice boxed lunch and sandwich. They sang on the train, and had snacks. In all, we would recommend this very nice shore excursion and going to Panama is really nice.

I myself wouldn't going into Colon, but met a couple who said they went into Colon and had a nice time.

We signed up for the White Water Rafting. It was great. We got on the nice buses and took us about an hour to get into Costa Rica to the river. We had a nice tour guide, and we learned a lot about Costa Rica. It is a very nice country. A lot of lush trees including lots of banana trees! We got to the rafting facility which is very nice and got ready for rafting. Took a bus down to the river and for about an hour went rafting down the river. It was great! Lots of great rapids. Good for all ages Ė even beginners. I even jumped in the water Ė twice! I specifically chose this cruise to go white water rafting in Costa Rica and it was well worth it. Port Limon, I wouldnít walk around myself. I didnít see a lot of shopping places, so I think it is best to do a shore excursion. I would certainly return to Costa Rica. Seems like a laid back country.