Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by jay72877

Carnival Miracle
Member Name: jay72877
Cruise Date: December 2009
Destination: Panama Canal & Central America
See More About: Carnival Miracle Cruise Reviews | Panama Canal & Central America Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

Very clean ship with a great staff
The Carnival Miracle was a nice cruise to be on with some positives and negatives comparing to other cruise lines.

Likes - The ship was extremely clean and we felt the staff was very friendly and nice. Our dining staff was great along with our room stewards. We had a balcony room which was very nice and clean.

Bingo was cheaper on the Miracle to participate in - on other cruise lines it is a bit more expensive.

Dislikes - The activities on ship were kind of boring. There were a lot of trivia games, but at times we were just sort of bored. I would recommend bringing a deck of cards. It was very relaxing, but in comparison to RCL and Princess the activities lacked. There wasn't a lot of variety. I missed watching movies like on Princess. There was a lot of bingo. Also, the timings for the shows were odd. On RCL and Princess there is usually for a 6:00ish show for the late dining, and then a 8:00ish show for the early dining. Not on this ship. The shows were at 8:00ish and then at 10:00ish. I was a late seater, and by 10:00, I was too full and tired to see a show. But heard most of the shows were really good.

The food on the ship grew on me throughout the cruise. Certainly not as good as RCL or Princess. The food in the actual sit down dining room was fine, but the food on the buffet wasn't very good quality. The pizza isn't very good either. Dont get me wrong though, I certainly never went hungry. :)

The pool areas were fine, except I often felt grossed out in the pools and hot tubs. One time the pool water was so gross - I couldn't even step in the water.

Embarkation process to get on was a bit of drag. It was hot and it took about an hour. The workers checking you in were a little slow. Alos, going out of Ft Lauderdale is great a location. Distance from the airport is quick and convenient.

The overall motif and dEcor on the ship is interesting to say the least - and to be honest I didn't get it. Grapes, Phantom of the Opera, Alice in Wonderland, old Roman Paintings. It was just interesting.

Overall, I would recommend the Miracle. It was a nice ship.

I would go on Carnival again because the prices are good for repeat guests.

Publication Date: 12/24/09