“Not the Princess line I remember”
Cruise review of Coral Princess

seait Coral Princess 4 Not the Princess line I remember
seait
Member Since 2009
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
About 18 years ago, I cruised on the Grand Princess and the Dawn Princess. I boarded the Coral Princess with the image of exceptional service, dining and entertainment similar to my experience those many years ago. Much to my disappointment, the dining was less than enticing, service virtually non-existent unless you were a regular at the bar scene and the entertainment..well, this is the 1st cruise ever that I had experienced repeat performances and the talent had alot to be desired. What ever happened to those Vegas type shows with all its splendor?

The spa facilities and treatments were utilized on a daily basis. Service here was very good but of course at a rather high price but then to be pampered is part of cruising.

The cabin stewart was less than enthusiatic and I had to request replenishment of the shampoo etc. Not a big tip left for him! Speaking of tips, I much prefer to tip the individuals that I feel have provided good service and not this automatic charge to the onboard account. I will say that when I went to the Passenger Service desk, they willingly credited back the automatic daily charge without even asking me for a reason. From what I gathered...I was not alone in this request. Does that tell you something??

I must say in all fairness, embarkment and disembarkment went very quickly and without any problems whatsoever. Taxis to the airport were plentiful and very reasonable...$12.00...much cheaper than the ship transfer!

I have not yet given up on the Princess line and have just booked passage on the Sapphire Princess for March 6th to the Mexican Riviera. If this trip turns out similar to the Panama trip, then it will be my last on Princess. Having travelled several other lines, I have come to expect a certain standard and we all pay enough for these cruises that we should not have to settle for a lower standard.

Seait

• Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

D335
Cabin size was good, nice large closet, bathroom tiny, we were near an elevator but it did not disturb us. Balcony neighbours heavy smokers so sitting out on the balcony was not pleasant and it was not utilized as I would have liked.

Port
I was extremely surprised when we docked here as the ship was in a gated area with military, guns and all, walking on the pier. We were advised that if we ventured outside the gated area on our own, the cruise line could not be held responsible...scary stuff!!! The few duty free shops on the pier were only so so in terms of variety and bargains.

Read 181 Acapulco Reviews
Port
I found it interesting that the female crew members were not allowed off the ship at this port unless they were accompanied by a male crew member. What does that tell you for your own safety? From the balcony of my cabin, the city looked quite pretty but being alone, as my daughter went off on an excursion, I did venture ashore...not because I thought that I would be in the same danger as the young female crew members, at my age, it is not an issue. There was a concern about robbery though and I decided to be on the cautious side.

Read 989 Aruba Reviews
Published 12/23/09
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Coral Princess Review
Coral Princess Cruises to the Panama Canal & Central America
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?