Coral Princess Cruise Review by seait

Cruise Date: November 2009
Embarkation: Los Angeles
Destination: Panama Canal & Central America
Cabin Number: D335
See More About: Coral Princess Cruise Reviews | Panama Canal & Central America Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Coral Princess Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Coral Princess Deck Plans
Not the Princess line I remember
About 18 years ago, I cruised on the Grand Princess and the Dawn Princess. I boarded the Coral Princess with the image of exceptional service, dining and entertainment similar to my experience those many years ago. Much to my disappointment, the dining was less than enticing, service virtually non-existent unless you were a regular at the bar scene and the entertainment..well, this is the 1st cruise ever that I had experienced repeat performances and the talent had alot to be desired. What ever happened to those Vegas type shows with all its splendor?

The spa facilities and treatments were utilized on a daily basis. Service here was very good but of course at a rather high price but then to be pampered is part of cruising.

The cabin stewart was less than enthusiatic and I had to request replenishment of the shampoo etc. Not a big tip left for him! Speaking of tips, I much prefer to tip the individuals that I feel have provided good service and not this automatic charge to the onboard account. I will say that when I went to the Passenger Service desk, they willingly credited back the automatic daily charge without even asking me for a reason. From what I gathered...I was not alone in this request. Does that tell you something??

I must say in all fairness, embarkment and disembarkment went very quickly and without any problems whatsoever. Taxis to the airport were plentiful and very reasonable...$12.00...much cheaper than the ship transfer!

I have not yet given up on the Princess line and have just booked passage on the Sapphire Princess for March 6th to the Mexican Riviera. If this trip turns out similar to the Panama trip, then it will be my last on Princess. Having travelled several other lines, I have come to expect a certain standard and we all pay enough for these cruises that we should not have to settle for a lower standard.

Seait