Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by The Aunt

Member Name: The Aunt
Cruise Date: December 2009
Cabin Category: M

Mindboggler & The Aunt Had Fun
We were on The Liberty and although we had a wonderful time cruising and seeing different ports, the service was below RCCL standards. They've changed the rewards booklet, taken away the chocolate on the pillow at night (OK, I didn't really need more chocolate) and the Crown & Anchor baseball cap, which I didn't use anyway, wasn't handed out either. Looks like they're starting to cut corners.

The huge & beautiful late night buffet, with desserts and food as far as they eye could see and beautiful ice sculpures, which in past has always been in the dining room, was non existent. Instead there was a lunch buffet in the promonade one afternoon. Quite a disappointment.

Our cabin attendant, who was wonderful, kept us neet and tidy. We were on the 2nd level at the back in an inside cabin. Sometimes a bit noisy. There was a crew area adjacent to our cabin. Maybe not my first choice next time, but this cruise was a price point I was looking for. It didn't keep us up at night, but we heard it only when we were awake. Quite comfortable for 2 people. It was about 150 sq ft. I'd stay in an inside cabin of this size again. I had trouble seeing the TV in bed. Our beds were seperate and the TV didn't swivel well for me to see it. I had the bed on the side where the desk / TV was. My niece could see it ok. She was in the other corner. Not that it was on much, but we had it on when we went to bed for a bit.

Some carpets had stains, there were rips in the carpet in the Windjammer, which need to be fixed ASAP.

The staff was always friendly, no matter how early or how late, they had a smile on their faces and in their voice. Must be a good place to work.

The adult pool area was a great place to sit and read or play scrabble, which is what we did. And of course, if you were thirsty, there was always someone to take your drink order!

I had a fantastic group of people at my dinner table from all over the US. I will cruise with RCCL again, but probably not on the The Liberty.

Publication Date: 12/23/09