Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by The Aunt: Mindboggler & The Aunt Had Fun

Member Since 2009

Compare Prices on Liberty of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Mindboggler & The Aunt Had Fun

Sail Date: December 2009

We were on The Liberty and although we had a wonderful time cruising and seeing different ports, the service was below RCCL standards. They've changed the rewards booklet, taken away the chocolate on the pillow at night (OK, I didn't really need more chocolate) and the Crown & Anchor baseball cap, which I didn't use anyway, wasn't handed out either. Looks like they're starting to cut corners.

The huge & beautiful late night buffet, with desserts and food as far as they eye could see and beautiful ice sculpures, which in past has always been in the dining room, was non existent. Instead there was a lunch buffet in the promonade one afternoon. Quite a disappointment.

Our cabin attendant, who was wonderful, kept us neet and tidy. We were on the 2nd level at the back in an inside cabin. Sometimes a bit noisy. There was a crew area adjacent to our cabin. Maybe not my first choice next time, but this cruise was a price point I was looking for. It didn't keep us More up at night, but we heard it only when we were awake. Quite comfortable for 2 people. It was about 150 sq ft. I'd stay in an inside cabin of this size again. I had trouble seeing the TV in bed. Our beds were seperate and the TV didn't swivel well for me to see it. I had the bed on the side where the desk / TV was. My niece could see it ok. She was in the other corner. Not that it was on much, but we had it on when we went to bed for a bit.

Some carpets had stains, there were rips in the carpet in the Windjammer, which need to be fixed ASAP.

The staff was always friendly, no matter how early or how late, they had a smile on their faces and in their voice. Must be a good place to work.

The adult pool area was a great place to sit and read or play scrabble, which is what we did. And of course, if you were thirsty, there was always someone to take your drink order!

I had a fantastic group of people at my dinner table from all over the US. I will cruise with RCCL again, but probably not on the The Liberty. Less

Read more Liberty of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Liberty of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Liberty of the Seas Interior Stateroom Deck 8 2673

We were on the 2nd level at the back in an inside cabin. Sometimes a bit noisy. There was a crew area adjacent to our cabin. Maybe not my first choice next time, but this cruise was a price point I was looking for. It didn't keep us up at night, but we heard it only when we were awake. Quite comfortable for 2 people. It was about 150 sq ft. I'd stay in an inside cabin of this size again. I had trouble seeing the TV in bed. Our beds were seperate and the TV didn't swivel well for me to see it. I had the bed on the side where the desk / TV was. My niece could see it ok. She was in the other corner. Not that it was on much, but we had it on when we went to bed for a bit.

We went to the zoo, and saw animals local to the region. Then we had a typical Belize lunch. I didn't care for the rice and beans, but then, I don't like rice, it's a personal preference, the chicken had a really nice flavor.

We then took a river boat cruise. We saw some very interesting animals, bats that looked like small squares on the palm trees and dolphins of all things! They were fun to watch. Our guide had a great eye for seeing things way in the distance and driving up to them so we could all see the animals. He was great. Unfortunately the weather didn't co-operate as much as we would have liked. It rained. I would recommend this tour.

We took the shore excursion to Chacchoben Mayan Ruins. We choose this one because it was only a 1 hr drive rather than 2 hr drive to the ruins. Take the longer drive. There wasn't a lot to see here. I've been to Kohunlich before and there's a lot more to see. My niece hadn't seen the ruins before.

Then we looked through the shops in the square, always enjoyable to go shopping.

Hot! We sat on the beach for a bit, it was a perfect way to end our day in Costa Maya.

We took the historical walking & shopping tour. There were 3 of us in the group. OUr guide was very knowledgeable. It was probably the most interesting tour of the trip. We were in a private home, a museum, a bakery, the 2nd oldest Catholic church, learned about black coral, tasted different types of tequila, all in all a great tour. I would recommend this one for sure. All things to learn about the Mexican culture.

Read 3122 Cozumel Reviews