Carnival Dream Cruise Review by Rc211917

Cruise Date: December 2009
Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Shore Excursions 5+

Dream On
My wife and I waited in anticipation of not only our first Carnival Cruise Line experience but also being able to cruise on it's flag ships maiden voyage out of Port Canaveral.For months I searched for updates of the new ship on YouTube and google I was so excited.

Our State Room # 9205 which is as foreword as you can get located just above the bridge is a great room with a king sized bed, shower and jet tub double bowl sink with granite counter tops,separate dressing table for my wife more than enough closet space and a balcony. The room steward did a nice job of maintaining the room the only thing that upset my wife is that she requested that ice be brought to the room everyday which only happened once the last day of our 9 day cruise his tip was effected.

The food throughout was very cafeteria like not what we have been used to on the other cruise lines we have been on ( This was our 10Th cruise)the only 2 places I enjoyed the food at was sad to say the Deli near the pool in the rear of the ship and the grill for hamburgers and good freedom fries.

The cruise directors there were 2 on our cruise Tom and John must have stayed in their rooms most of the cruise because they and their staff were nowhere to be found except at the nightly shows that I thought are fantastic other than someone needs to turn down the female lead singers microphone she is a screamer ouch!!!that's OK I can't sing well either.You could find the room steward most times on the observation deck above the bridge that's where they all meet to smoke and loaf.The other crew was seen in the lounges drinking with the customers. My opinion is there is nobody managing this ship. the customers have to find their own entertainment most of the time. I have allot of ideas of what they can do to correct their lack of service perception. It must start with the person in charge of the cruise line he needs to read these reviews and be concerned people spent good money in a tough economy to cruise his ship and most were underwhelmed that's very scary he needs to get his body on that ship and correct the problems because people have other options out there. I would hate to see them fail as a company because of lack of good management skills.

The Ports of call were super Antigua we did a beach tour very nice,Tortola we did a private beach resort awesome,St Thomas we did a Catamaran snorkel and beach and RUM tour awesome,San Juan the ship wouldn't fit the pier day at sea but they did give us back $20.00 which is allot if your Mexican LOL,Grand Turk we did a catamaran sail snorkel and beach with lots of Rum again very very nice and we went to Jimmy Buffets Margaritaville right at the end of the pier fantastic pool flow rider and entertainment great day. That's my review of the Carnival Dream they have their work cut out for them to straighten out all the shortcomings but if they acknowledge them they can correct them. Best of Luck

Publication Date: 12/23/09