Ventura Cruise Review by d murphy

Cruise Date: November 2009
Embarkation: Barbados
Cabin Category: Da
Cabin Number: D504
See More About: Ventura Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | P&O Cruises Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Ventura Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Ventura Deck Plans
Dissapointed
To start it was great to check in your suitcase at the airport and not see them again till they got put outside your cabin, again when we were going home we put our suitcases out the night before and didn't see them till we got to the airport back home. The ship is beautiful very clean, the cabins are nice we had a balcony which i did enjoy, the room is kept very clean and our steward Grenville could not do enough for you, the food is standard, nothing to write home about, but if you go to the east restaurant and Marco Pierre restaurant it is a different story, the food is gorgeous, there is a service charge of £20 per person but well worth it. I found a lot of the waiters miserable a lot never smiled which i found disappointing, because the other cruises i have been on the staff were great always smiling and very friendly, that is what disappointed me about this ship, i was shocked with some of the staffs attitude, were not fussy people and don't like to complain, but on this holiday i did report 1 of the staff. There is a cafe bar called Tazzine and in the morning they have plates of fruit and yogurt in a glass cabinet and lunch time they have sandwiches and cakes, one afternoon my husband and i went to the bar and asked can we have 2 sandwiches each and a cake, we had only fruit for breakfast had a long walk out and now we were hungry, we was told we had to purchase a beverage and then we could have a sandwich, " no problem were having a drink anyway" so we ordered 2 teas 2 sandwiches each and a cake, when the waiter came there was 1 sandwich each, so we said can we have 2 sandwiches each please, the waiter said you want 2 each with a bit of attitude, so we said yes please, so he went and got us another 1 each, the tea was lukewarm but we just drank it. Anyway 2 days later we went again, 2 teas please 2 prawn sandwiches and 2 egg mayo please, waiter came back with 2 teas 1 prawn and 1 egg mayo, so we said we wanted 2 of each sandwich please, "you want 2 each madame" again with a bit of attitude, so i said yes please but i was a bit pi--ed of now and again the tea was just lukewarm but again just drank it. 2 or 3 days later at breakfast time i decided to go 2 the tazzine for the fruit and yogurt it looked lovely so here we go, the waiter said what would you like madame i said can i have a tea please, but can you make sure its hot please the last 2 afternoons I've had tea it has been lukewarm, he said the tea is always hot madame, so i said no the last 2 times it has been lukewarm, again he said no madame the tea is always hot,so i said take my word for it, it was Luke warm can you just make sure its hot please, yes madame, then i said and can i have a bowl of fruit please and a yogurt, he said no madame you are only allowed 1, so i told him to forget it. I was really pi--ed off now can you believe i was refused food which is supposed to be free on the ship, or should i say payed in advance, so i went and reported this guy i wasn't happy, but the manager listened and did make the guy apologise to me, but i can't believe his attitude in the first place.

My husband has IBS and we went to the spa and they said have acupuncture and you will feel the benefit so he did, he had 5 sessions at a cost of £250 and they put a mud pack on him when he was having his sessions, when he finished his 5 sessions they said buy some mud packs and use them at home, so he did they cost £62,the next day when he was reading about the mud packs we found they were for cellulite, so we took them back to the spa and said in a normal pleasant way, can we have a refund on these please, the guy whom i sure is the manager looked in the bag and i tell no lies he flung his hands in the air and SHOUTED why you people buy these things when you people don't want them, my husband asked if there was a problem returning them and he said no,then again SHOUTED but i don't understand why you people buy them when you don't want them, so my husband started arguing with him, so i said excuse me my husband was treated with a condition which wasn't cellulite and these mud packs state on the box they are for cellulite, so he said OK madame i will refund you, but i couldn't believe the attitude, to happen once on the ship is bad enough but to be spoken to like that twice has just put me right of the ship, my daughter was going to get married on that ship but she has changed her mind, when you pay a lot of money for your holiday the least i expect is nice friendly staff, its a shame the few spoil it for the ones that are nice and friendly, but overall the ship is lovely clean and the excursions are good.

Publication Date: 12/23/09