Carnival Victory Cruise Review by iceladywm

Embarkation: San Juan
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Cabin Category: 6b
Entertainment Not Rated

We should have listened to the previous reviews
Oh my goodness. What an experience. I can only re-iterate what everyone else has said. Fantastic Itinery - off the ship, fabulous - On the ship - HORRENDOUS.

We will never sail out of Puerto Rico again, nor do I think we will sail on Carnival. The Puerto Rican guests were disgraceful. I just don't no where to start.

Embarkation was awful. There was a Puerto Rican wedding taking place on the ship so special passes had to be handed out as the wedding guests were not staying on the ship. The wedding took priority over the ship passengers. The waiting area in Puerto Rico is not large enough to hold everyone so it was crammed tight. Very little instruction given, when you get your ship card they are not consistent on giving you a boarding number, so remember to ask for it.

Yelling and screaming in the halls until 3:00 a.m. -- yes. Banging on your door at these hours - yes. Pushing you out of the way to get on the elevator - yes. Sitting four astride on the stairways - yes.

Don't try and use the buffet - do yourself a favour and eat breakfast and dinner in the dining room. If not, get up very, very early. Yes, the kids hold the iced tea, lemonade and juice dispensers on until they run out of drink and just have water left. They mound their plates with food - so much so that Carnival finally had to have a crew member dole out the bacon and ham in the mornings. Yes, the push you out of the way to get food, cut in the line as if you weren't there.

The housekeeping crew were so overwhelmed with cleaning up after them. I truly feel the staff are saints. How can you put up with this week after week. One of the room service staff said it was obsence the way they order food, grab it out of their hands when delivered to their rooms and not permit them in to sign the receipt.

On our cruise they were helping themselves to the photographs and continuously letting the alarms go off.

Why is it I paid full price for my cruise and some people get a very big reduction and allowed 5 to a room? I am not a bigot (I know I sound like one), I truly am not. Thank goodness we were off the ship everyday, it allowed me to keep my sanity. We met beautiful people that I believe we will stay in touch with for years - so definitely not all a loss, but it did leave a bad, bad taste in my mouth.

We also had relative peace and quiet in some of the lounges. Try the cigar lounge - it was quite peaceful with nice music.

The staff were all fabulous and I noted that some reviews stated they were a bit grumpy. Think about it... they work 7 days a week, no days off and treated like general crap from the majority of passengers. I would be a little grumpy too.

The itinery saves this cruise.

Publication Date: 12/22/09