Carnival Victory Cruise Review by iceladywm: We should have listened to the previous reviews

iceladywm
Member Since 2009

Entertainment Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Victory Southern Caribbean Cruises

We should have listened to the previous reviews

Sail Date: December 2009
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Embarkation: San Juan

Oh my goodness. What an experience. I can only re-iterate what everyone else has said. Fantastic Itinery - off the ship, fabulous - On the ship - HORRENDOUS.

We will never sail out of Puerto Rico again, nor do I think we will sail on Carnival. The Puerto Rican guests were disgraceful. I just don't no where to start.

Embarkation was awful. There was a Puerto Rican wedding taking place on the ship so special passes had to be handed out as the wedding guests were not staying on the ship. The wedding took priority over the ship passengers. The waiting area in Puerto Rico is not large enough to hold everyone so it was crammed tight. Very little instruction given, when you get your ship card they are not consistent on giving you a boarding number, so remember to ask for it.

Yelling and screaming in the halls until 3:00 a.m. -- yes. Banging on your door at these hours - yes. Pushing you out of the way to get on the elevator - yes. Sitting four astride on the More stairways - yes.

Don't try and use the buffet - do yourself a favour and eat breakfast and dinner in the dining room. If not, get up very, very early. Yes, the kids hold the iced tea, lemonade and juice dispensers on until they run out of drink and just have water left. They mound their plates with food - so much so that Carnival finally had to have a crew member dole out the bacon and ham in the mornings. Yes, the push you out of the way to get food, cut in the line as if you weren't there.

The housekeeping crew were so overwhelmed with cleaning up after them. I truly feel the staff are saints. How can you put up with this week after week. One of the room service staff said it was obsence the way they order food, grab it out of their hands when delivered to their rooms and not permit them in to sign the receipt.

On our cruise they were helping themselves to the photographs and continuously letting the alarms go off.

Why is it I paid full price for my cruise and some people get a very big reduction and allowed 5 to a room? I am not a bigot (I know I sound like one), I truly am not. Thank goodness we were off the ship everyday, it allowed me to keep my sanity. We met beautiful people that I believe we will stay in touch with for years - so definitely not all a loss, but it did leave a bad, bad taste in my mouth.

We also had relative peace and quiet in some of the lounges. Try the cigar lounge - it was quite peaceful with nice music.

The staff were all fabulous and I noted that some reviews stated they were a bit grumpy. Think about it... they work 7 days a week, no days off and treated like general crap from the majority of passengers. I would be a little grumpy too.

The itinery saves this cruise. Less

Read more Carnival Victory cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Victory Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Victory Balcony Upper 6286

Loved our cabin. It had a lot of drawer and closet space. The balcony while small, was quite a nice touch. The bathroom was bigger than most other ships we've been on. Very clean, beds not the softest we've experienced, but not too bad. The bedding was comfortable. Lot's of towels - they also leave clean beach towels in your room for the daily excursions.

(5.5)
Hired a driver to take us to Dickenson's Beach - spent the day there. Gorgeous beach, great little beach restaurant to eat and drink. Sandy ocean floor. Perfect!

Read 802 Antigua Reviews

Lovely, lovely island and people. We went to a beach in Holetown - it was wonderful. Great food (try the flying fish sandwich) and drinks were very inexpensive. Our driver dropped us off asked when we wanted to picked up and true to his word there he was!

Read 703 Barbados Reviews

We enjoyed Dominica. We went on a private tour and saw the twin falls, the sulpher springs and botanical gardens. The next time I would take the hike into the falls and perhaps the tubing.

Read 491 Dominica Reviews

Probably my favourite of all. I used Captain Sunshine (goole him), he picked us up at Port, did a complete tour of the Island. It is simply stunning. After the two hour tour he took us to South Friar's beach - quite secluded, very few people - it was heaven. The scenery from the Beach was stunning. Do yourself a favour and make this one of your stops.

Again, wonderful. Beautiful waters and beaches. We took the catamaran to the Pitons - stopped to do a little snorkling first. Had a few too many rum punches!! Then got dropped off at Rodney Bay. The beach there was fantastic. Loved it!

Love St. Thomas. We went to Magen's Bay again and just soaked up the sun. For lunch we went into town and ate, did a little shopping and back to the ship.

Read 2326 St. Thomas Reviews