Carnival Dream Cruise Review by Puravida85: Okay Dream

Compare Prices on Carnival Dream Western Caribbean Cruises

Okay Dream

Sail Date: December 2009
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

First let me say we stayed in a hotel overnight on Cocoa Beach which is very convenient. I am 25 years old and this was my 30th cruise, 26th with Carnival so I am a Platinum Milestone Guest. Embarkation was a easy process that lasted less than 30 minutes.

Cabin- We were booked in a balcony cabin on the 11th floor. The cabin was really nice and roomy for a ship of this size. Our steward name Pedro was nice, but didnt see him much.

Ship- I was very excited about going on the new ship. I generally prefer the larger ships. The ship was full to capacity. At first I didnt like the Promenade deck because I thought that it was kinda designed crazy, and I didnt like the casino at first. I grew to like the promenade deck, and I grew to enjoy how the casino was seperated on both sides of the Promenade deck. And I really enjoy the smokeless areas in the casino. Now to the other parts of the ship. I hated the elevators, they were very small and you could never hear when they More were on your floor. I thought that even though the ship was large, it felt that everything was very compact. The Encore lounge was very pretty and nice. Most views in the lounge were nice. The Lido deck open area was well suited and I thought sophisticated.

Shows- OMG "Dancin in the Streets" was the best show that I have ever seen. It was draw dropping good. I didnt enjoy the other shows as much. I didnt even attend the Country show because I am not into that type of music. The late night comedy show was great, and the Carnival Legends is always a hit. But the only thing that I am tired of with the Legends show is that everytime I go on a cruise why do the Cruise Director have to be Dolly Parton- kinda boring now.

Food- The food on the ship was okay but not that great. I had breakfast every morning in the dining room and it was good. I had lunch on the Lido deck and it was either hit or miss. But the Red Velvet cupcakes on the lido deck were OMG great. I never tried the Mangolia area because the line was always very long, someone I know waited an hour. I did enjoy the made to order Pasta Bar very much, I ate it most days. The dining room was average, I didnt eat much there, but I went everynight. Our server was awful. I waited one night for an hour and I am not kidding for a refill on the nasty tea.

Ports- I really didnt enjoy any of the ports that we visited. I have been to them all except for Isla Roatan. I was excited about going to Isla, but I was very disappointed. Cozumel,Mexico was okay but always hot so I only stayed off for an hour. Belize was nice, but we didnt do much there because it rained very hard. I wanted to walk in the city, but as we were, my family decided to turn around because it is very poor and looked to be not very safe. And I hated Costa Maya, Mexico. There is nothing to do there but shop, I thought it was a waste of time. I wouldnt have enjoyed an extra fun day at sea instead of visting ports 4 days in a row.

But anyways, I enjoyed the cruise very much, but I didnt like the way that Carnival is changing up somethings. I didnt like the fact that you cant pay cash for things such as Bingo anymore, and how they got rid of the free drinks for the captains ball. And another thing I wish the Dream had more activities during the day. It can become very boring a lot during the day with no activities. And what was up with Bingo on the Lido deck, it was too hot for that. Didnt like that at all, because I love bingo even though I dont win.

I do recommend this cruise for anyone because I love to cruise and I do like Carnival, but I do think that Carnival needs to make some changes. Less

Read more Carnival Dream cruise reviews >>