Celebrity Century 4

“What no bridge on a Transatlantic cruise???”
Cruise review of Celebrity Century

dkviking
Member Since 2009
59 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

We embarked in Barcelona and were looking forward to our return to the Century. It was to be my third Transatlantic cruise on this ship, rather like returning home again. We immediately learned that Celebrity no longer was providing bridge instructor/director's on their long sea day cruises. We were perhaps sixty passengers who had planned on playing organized bridge as has been the case on all of my past crossings (9 so far). After a non-productive meeting with the cruise director who could not explain Celebrity's decision, we self organized 8 days of bridge. I cannot fathom Celebrity's decision nor could my fellow players. The majority sentiment was no bridge directors, no Celebrity cruises in our future.

Otherwise, the cruise went well with perfect weather the entire trip. The "new and improved" Captain's Club program was an improvement. The food is reasonable except for the fish dishes which are to be avoided. The ship itself is beginning to show some wear and tear as in More soiled cabin carpets, broken fittings and trim particularly in the bathrooms. The entire crew is marvelous, always friendly and accomodating. And the passengers are wonderful, interesting, and a joy to sail.

So, Celebrity, please bring back the bridge director program so that my partner and I can sail with you again. Less

Overall Ratings

Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review:

ins4054
cabin 4054 was generally quiet except on the mornings when we docked. much mechanical noise can be heard from the deck below. bathroom shower needs work as the soap dispenser has been torn off the wall. carpets appear to stained and worn.

Cartagena Spain on a Sunday is not very exciting!

Always a pleasure to arrive in Gibraltar. Sunrise over the "Rock" si something to experience.

Published 12/22/09

Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Century Review
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?