Ruby Princess Cruise Review by vegaspsychdoc: Nice Quickie Cruise on the Ruby Princess

vegaspsychdoc
Member Since 2009

Family & Children 5.5

Compare Prices on Ruby Princess Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Nice Quickie Cruise on the Ruby Princess

Sail Date: December 2009

On December 17, 2009 our family (one adult and two children ages 16 and 10) took a mini-sampler on the Ruby Princess out of Fort Lauderdale, Florida.

The embarkment process was quick and efficient. We were on board within 10 minutes. We booked a balcony cabin on the Baja level or 11th floor. The ship was built in 2008 and it looked brand new. Everything was clean and well maintained. The ship was very well decorated and much classier looking than any other ship I've been on. They staff were friendly and efficient. We ate dinners in the Di Vinci dining room on all three nights. The food and service were very good. We arrived at 6:00pm before the crowds. We tried to book a dinner in the Crown Grill but they were all reserved. I suggest you book early. It looked very classy. The buffets were good, but not very well stocked. The pizza was really good on the ship though. They charged $12.95 plus tax/tip for a coke card or $27.95 plus tax/tip for a card that included sodas plus ice More cream, milkshakes and mocktails.

The weather wasn't very good so our scheduled outing to Princess Cay was cancelled. I did try out the casino and won a few bucks. It wasn't very smoky but it didn't have very many of the latest slot machines. We went to a few shows onboard. The show entitled "Once Upon A Dream" was awful!!! The illusionist show was good. My kids liked the kid's clubs. The pools were fresh water which was nice too. We had a cabin with fold down beds which were both convenient and a pain since once lowered made it very difficult to move around the cabin. I ran into the corner of the bed a few times and got a scrape on my back. Debarking was also quick and easy. I'd highly recommend this ship. Less

Read more Ruby Princess cruise reviews >>