Splendour of the Seas Cruise Review by DIDISEVEN

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Splendour of the Seas Cruise Review by DIDISEVEN
Splendour of the Seas
Splendour of the Seas
Member Name: DIDISEVEN
Cruise Date: December 2009
Embarkation: Lisbon
Destination: South America & Antarctica
See More About: Splendour of the Seas Cruise Reviews | South America & Antarctica Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Public Rooms 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Ship Facts: Splendour of the Seas Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Splendour of the Seas Deck Plans
GETTING IT RIGHT!
Splendor of the Seas is as close as it gets to the perfect layout for a ship. Everything seems to be right where it belongs...I normally hate sea days and we had plenty but I loved them all. The food couldn't be better or more plentiful. I've been on bigger and newer ships but this was just right for me. I mostly cruise on NCL (9 times) but I feel the more classy the ships become the more they are lowering the classic experience of cruising. NO formal nights or dress code...too much like a free for all-come as you are Karaoke party. This is why I decided to give Royal Caribbean a try. I loved the Dress Up and theme nights...it really helps to let new cruise patrons to learn the ropes and know what it's all about. While I can't fault the ship, the food, the staff, the entertainment or the itinerary I was saddened by the fact that Theater Etiquette has gone down the drain. When I'm in a theatre I don't like a Bar-free for all atmosphere...The constant Flash Photography was distracting, annoying and against all entertainment union regulations but the Cruise Director waved here hand dismissively and walked away and several of the MAJORITY tried to tell her to put a stop to it. Trying to watch a show where dozens of people have both their hand fully extend over their head holding a camera with the LCD screen blazing and flashing and flashing all over the theatre as well and standing up blocking the view and casually snapping flash photo's was just too ignorant...I don't blame the unsophisticated passengers I blame the cruise director for not putting a stop to it. My other one down side is apart from NCL cruise ships don't understand the needs of the single passenger...we are not a SPARE to be stuck in any old place...perhaps we don't want to be jammed in with strangers...If two can sit at a table for four why can't one sit at a table for two....What's the difference. Be more flexible! Let us enjoy our cruise and don't force us into groups we don't blend with. Let us meet people and perhaps eventually join them. I've had too many horror situations at large tables as a single and would rather be on my own. This however was a great cruise (repositioning)Portugal to Brazil and an amazing deal...all I can say is keep up the standards...let loners be loners if they want. Thanks you Royal Caribbean.

Publication Date: 12/20/09
Read the South America & Antarctica ports review by DIDISEVEN
More Splendour of the Seas Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Splendour of the Seas review Read the next Splendour of the Seas review

More South America & Antarctica Cruise Reviews