“8 Days a BLAST”

valvance
Member Since 2009
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
We arrived early to embark and was surprised at how fast the lines moved; check in only took 30 minutes tops. Traveled in a large group of 20 people who were all family and friends.

Arrived at staterooms to find several problems. My fridge did not work and the room for disabled people that my mother-in-law was suppose to get was non existent. She was placed in a regular room that did not have wheelchair access. When customer relations was contacted about the problem, they denied ever receiving the paperwork; which I sent in myself. My fridge was never changed out/fixed and my mother-in-law was stuck with her room.

The very first night at dinner, several group members opted to leave the main dining room after not receiving their ordered entrees in 45 minutes. The second night was a little better, the entrees arrived in 30 minutes.... after complaints were made, the timing got a little better for the remainder of the cruise.

The public areas were great and the bands performing just outside the Casino was great (Ms. Diane), they could really do the R&B. The music was so great that people began dancing and turned it into a party.

The ship rocked for the first 24 hours of the cruise due to a tropical storm. There were a lot of people walking around with patches, but I did not get sick at all. The complaints were that the patches were too costly.

The ports of call were wonderful: St. Thomas, San Juan, Antigua, Nassau, and Tortola. Antigua has a lot to offer first time visitors. Tortola on the other hand; there is not much for tourists.

During the cruise I lost and found my camera (thanks for turning it in), a friend lost her camera and it was not recovered, and my sister-in-law had meds stolen from her stateroom because she did not lock them in the safe.

Great Cruise even though service sucked. Having my family and friend there made things more bearable. Looking forward to a better cruise in Sept. 2010 on The Carnival Liberty.

Carnival Freedom Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

8b
We had a great balcony in the forward of the ship, very forward... there was no privacy of the balcony because of location. The noise level was low, quiet neighbors. My fridge never worked the entire cruise, but overall the stateroom was nice.

Port
This was my best island yet... We were able to do a tour of the island and see Antigua's History. The people were friendly and ready to make a sell of products and services. Found some really beautiful buys and awesome prices. It didn't look like much as the ship pulled into the port, but once you get down to the surface level of the streets; its great. BE SURE TO TAKE A TOUR
Read 1,035 Antigua Reviews
Port
My first stop was to find some native food, even though the cruise line advised against eating food prepared on the islands. The food was great. My next stop was to get the free deals from the shops. And then, off to Atlantis; reasonable cab fares for the ride. Was able to walk through Atlantis and take plenty of pictures as well as lose a little money in the slot machines. Really loved Atlantis and thinking about flying back with the kids.
Read 4,127 Nassau Reviews
Port
We arrived late in the evening, at dusk. A lot of the stores were closed or closing, but the vendors on the square were ready to sell their products. Was quite surprised to find stores such as Walgreens, T.J. Max, and Marshalls. Found some really great buys in the shops along the side streets.
Read 2,276 San Juan Reviews
Port
Received well by the natives and shop keepers. Fellow cruisers were really nice; actually met another couple from Georgia while we were shopping.
Read 3,414 St. Thomas Reviews
Port
Tortola is beautiful with all the sail boats, but there is nothing for tourists except a little hippie lot that sells crafts. The area appears to be in the early stages of development to attract more tourists and cruisers.
Read 967 Tortola Reviews
Published 12/16/09
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Freedom Review
Carnival Freedom Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?