Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by morena2003

Cruise Date: December 2009
Cabin Category: L
        3-6 4.0

Labadee Extravaganza Cruise
Overall, this was a good cruise. I would not hesitate to book this ship again, if the price were reasonable. Some things that I liked: • The ship did not feel crowded at all; it was very easy to get around, thanks to interactive maps located throughout the ship. • The pool deck was nice, there were plenty of pool chairs available, and the pool area was not overly crowded. • Embarkation and debarkation were both easy. • There were more free dining options compared to the Liberty of the Seas, such as the Park Cafe, which I enjoyed. Things that I did not like: • The layout of the room was akward; the room seemed smaller than to comparable rooms on the Liberty. • While there was plenty of storage space available in the room, it was hard to utilize. The closet space was hard to access. • Some of the shows were canceled, and it was very difficult to change reservation times/days once on board due to many shows already being booked up.

Embarkation was great. It went very smooth and quickly. We boarded deck 5, Royal Promenade, which was was very impressive. It is similar to Liberty of the Seas' promenade, but larger. The rising tide bar looks very neat, although I did not try it. The ship is beautiful. Public spaces were gorgeous, and I enjoyed the many art pieces. It was very easy to get around with touch screen computers located throughout the ship. The computers provided cruise compass info, maps, and directions to your stateroom, among other things.

Muster Drill The muster drill took place in a lounge. It was great. No more wearing life vests.

Central Park Central Park is quiet. It really is beautiful, and the plants are lovely.

Boardwalk Boardwalk is very lively. There were several family activities that were hosted by Adventure Ocean staff which took place here, such as face painting and games. Cabin We had an inside L cabin. The configuration of the closet was a little weird. The sofa sleeper was right in front of the closet door which made it difficult to access the closet, especially with the sofa bed out.

Bathroom I really liked the bar in the shower; it makes shaving legs so much easier. I did not like the soap tray in the shower, shampoos and things kept falling out of it. There are several hooks in the shower; a hanging shower organizer would have been helpful here.

Activities-

Zip Line I did the zip line. It was very difficult to get a reservation. I had to sign up several days in advance, in order to go the last day of the cruise. I noticed people being turned away at desk as there were no more spaces available. I probably would not do the zip line again. It was a unique experience, but not worth the lengthy time that it takes to get harnessed and ready to go. It lasts maybe only 30 seconds or so.

Flowrider I used the flowrider several times during this cruise, and also did private lessons. There were never long wait times when I was at the flowrider. One Flowrider was used for surfing and one for boogie boarding. Private lessons were great. The sports staff was very helpful.

Entertainment I had reservations for all of the shows prior to boarding, but wanted to change some of the times. I found it very difficult to change my reservations once on board, as many of shows were sold out for the entire cruise (such as the Aqua Theatre show). I originally had Oasis of Dreams booked for the first night, but it was canceled due to technical difficulties. They offered a show the next night, but I could not attend due to a Flowrider lesson. The show was completely booked for the entire cruise, so I did not get seats. Many people, including me, watched the show from the deck above (in front of rock wall). There were so many different entertainment options that I was not able to see everything that I wanted to see in the 4 days. I did manage to see the Ice Show and Hairspray. Hairspray was good. The ice show was similar to the one of the Liberty of the Seas. Dining Dining Room I had My Time dining, and ate in the dining room every night. There were often lines to make reservations. It would be nice to be able to make reservations before the cruise, similar to how reserbations can be made for the speciality restaurants, but I did not see that option available. With the exception of the last night, I thought that the quality of the food was quite good, it was better than what I expected. I had different waiters each night, and some of them were really good, while others were not so good. Park Cafe was very good. They had made to order sandwiches, salads, and Panini's, all at no additional charge. I did not eat at any of the surcharge restaurants, so I cannot comment on those. Crowds The Oasis did not feel crowded at all. I found that the lines were shorter on the Oasis compared to the Liberty of the Seas, probably due to the many options available on the Oasis. The Windjammer was small but did not feel crowded, and it was easy to find a table.

Pool Deck The pool deck was nice. It was not crowded. H2O Zone was nice, again no crowds (although I did not see many kids on board, probably due to the time of the year). The solarium was great. I enjoyed the cantilevered whirlpools, and liked the fact that there were now flat screen TV's above them.

Labadee I have been to Labadee before but not after the renovations. It is great. The pier is very nice, no more tendering! It was a breeze to get on and off the ship. Several areas were expanded, and there were additional areas to eat.

Debarkation I choose late debarkation, as I had a late flight. I ate breakfast in the Windjammer before leaving at about 8:30. It was not crowded, and debarkation was prett

Publication Date: 12/15/09