Carnival Valor Cruise Review by cruisecrazyk: Fun at the Ruins and with the Stingrays

cruisecrazyk
Member Since 2005

Compare Prices on Carnival Valor Western Caribbean Cruises

Fun at the Ruins and with the Stingrays

Sail Date: November 2009

We flew into Ft Lauderdale and stayed at the Hilton Airport hotel. Very nice hotel with a restaurant. We decided we wanted to get out and go to Sawgrass Mills Mall and called Howard's Car and Van Services. He was absolutely great and took us to the mall and dropped us off and came back when we were ready to go back to the hotel. I would recommend his services to get around the town and it was cheaper than renting a car in the long run. We used SAS transport to take us to the Port of Miami and they picked us up also and took us to Ft. Lauderdale airport when the cruise was over. Steve is great and he only charged $15.00 per person each way.

We had a great time on the ship and the crew was great. The ports were fun with a lot to do. The only disappointment was a tour we booked with Island Experience in Roatan (Roatan Highlights). It was not that great. On the flip side I booked with the same company in Belize to go to the ruins Al Tun Ha and it was great. They fed us lunch More also. So you never know. I driver was Super Mario and he was great. Watch out for the mosquitoes in both countries. They love Americans. I got bit several times in Roatan on West Bay beach and had to go to the ships infirmary to get some stronger itch cream to get them to go away. Apparently that is a common problem. The staff was very nice and it was not expensive to get the meds there on the ship. They did not charge me for a visit, just for the meds. I had bug spray on in Belize at the ruins. Those bugs were everywhere and would still try to bite. I recommend the strongest Deet you can get to keep them off of you! We did the Stingray tour in Grand Cayman and shopping in Cozumel. The new dock in Roatan at Mahogany Bay was wonderful. We were the first Carnival ship at the new dock. Nice beach and shopping so you really don;t have to leave the dock if you do not want to. Less

Read more Carnival Valor cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Valor Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Valor Balcony Empress 7347

Great Balcony and quiet location. I liked this floor because you had cabins above you and below you and you had no noise from the public rooms.