Sapphire Princess Cruise Review by jean6183

Cruise Date: December 2009
Embarkation: Los Angeles
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Cabin Number: L255
See More About: Sapphire Princess Cruise Reviews | Mexican Riviera Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals

Sapphire Princess ~ was something to be desired.
We took a family cruise on the Sapphire Princess on 12/05/09 with my husband, son (13 yrs) daughter (10yrs)and myself. We flew from Ohio to LA and had princess transfers which were worth every penny. Our check in was very organized and I don't think we waited more then 1/2 hr to get to our cabin. The cabin was a balcony room on the Lido deck. The room was smaller then other cruises we took (on RCCL) but very clean.

Now for the service. I would have to say WHAT SERVICE. This is my third cruise, but first with princess. The other were with RCCL. ( we went on the liberty last summer) When I would ask for directions on the ship, most would say, I don't know and walk away.. When I'd get a refill on diet soda, it was like I was bothering them!! One night, I went to the buffet and although I know better, I grabbed one of my strawberries before I was done getting food (just a habit) one of the workers came behind me and said, don't eat in line, that's what we have tables for....I even said, you don't have to be so rude, he just glared at me and I walked away!!

The food was mediocre at most.. The desserts were not that good ~they were lacking something and I couldn't put my finger on it. This was the concensus of our group of 7. On RCCL, I would never have to ask for refills on our soda's or tea at dinner, but with princess, I had to ask all the time!!

The workers were not even friendly to our kids!! Most of the time, you can expect them to be nicer to kids!! NOPE, not here!!! My daughter still tells everyone about her waiter on our RCCL cruise last year.. She knows his name, where is was from and the special things he did for her and our son!! Tell me that's not something !!

Although this cruise was a gift and I'm greatful.. I can tell you we will probably never sail on princess again!!

Please don't waste your money on the sapphire.. spend a little more and pick another cruise line that want their customers to come back!

Publication Date: 12/15/09