Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review by tank36: 4 Day Cabo Cruise

4 Day Cabo Cruise

Sail Date: November 2009
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Embarkation: San Diego

DW and I drove from Las Vegas to San Diego on the day of departure. We arrived in San Diego abour 10:30 AM and parked at Park and Fly. We had a coupon for $9 a day. Took a shuttle over to the pier. Once we were dropped at pier, we left our luggage and went to check in.

Check in was a breeze. We checked in around 11:30 AM with no crowd. We walked right on the ship and headed to Windjammer for lunch. The doors for to get to staterooms did not open until 1 so we walked around the ship after lunch.

At 1 PM we went to our stateroom 7018 which is in the front of the ship. Luggage arrived around 3. Rumrunners arrived in our luggage as well!! (SHHH!!)

We pulled into Cabo on Saturday morning. As we were pulling in, I awoke to a boat with guys in fatigues and guns circling the ship. This was a sight. They were waving to us, so I then knew everything was OK.

We were one of the first off the ship in Cabo. We took a water taxi over to The Office and had More breakfast on the beach. The food was great, but overpriced. We did not do any excursions, so we walked around and looked into some shops. We ate lunch at Billigans. Again, food was overpriced and I have had better nachos in Las Vegas. We walked down the beach and got a massage. They had 2 tables set up for massages. We paid $30 for 30 minutes. The massages were well worth the money. We headed back to the ship around 3 and had no problem getting back on.

She is a very clean ship. Everything seemed to be in great shape. I have sailed the larger Freedom class and prefer to that class compared to the Radiance class, only because of size. The larger ships just have more things to do.

Food on the ship was good. I am not a picky eater so the food was fine. We ate in Chops one night and the food was fantastic. The service was excellent as well. We were not shy in ordering a couple of appetizers with our main meal. I think some forgot you can order as much as you want!

Overall, the cruise was a 8 out of 10. I will not book another stateroom in the front of the ship. The Pacific was rough compared to the Caribbean cruise we took out of Miami last year. Our stateroom attendant was not good at all. We had to ask for new ice and we hardly did see her. We had to ask her for the Cruise Compass for day 2. The larger ships seem to have much more going on. I heard the some rumblings that the Piano Man show was not good. We found ourselves in the casino after we had walked around looking for things to do.

Disembarkation was a breeze. We walked off before our color was called and the luggage was already there. There were no lines.

This will be our last venture on a ship to the Mexican Riveria. The Caribbean cruises seem to have better ports and the weather usually cooperates. Less

Read more Radiance of the Seas cruise reviews >>