Coral Princess Cruise Review by Major Doolittle

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Coral Princess Cruise Review by Major Doolittle
Coral Princess
Coral Princess
Member Name: Major Doolittle
Cruise Date: December 2009
Embarkation: Los Angeles
Destination: Panama Canal & Central America
Cabin Category: VS
Cabin Number: D630
See More About: Coral Princess Cruise Reviews | Panama Canal & Central America Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Coral Princess Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Coral Princess Deck Plans
Cruising for discovery and therapy
We've actually been married over 26 years now but are finally doing what the wife wanted. When we left LA it was blustery and seas a bit rough. But we were delighted with the cabin. Very spacious and the deck is long - full width of the cabin. Layout it excellent to optimize the room. We've done four sailings with Seabourn and a coule with Crystal. We were ready for a larger ship with more to do. Lot's of things going on here.

We'd visited Cabo San Lucas, Alacapulco and Huatulco in Mexico. I'd never heard of the last before but it is a new area that the Mexican government has been promoting. Beautiful beach and warm clean water. The vendors are a bit irritating until you settle down at a spot on the beach. I had a beer and my wife a Marguerita. I finished that for her and then got worried as I'd forgotten the ice. Thankfully I feel fine today but still think it was dumb to drink anything except from a bottle in a 3rd world location like that. We dock in Punta Arenas, Costa Rica tomorrow.

Meanwhile, the service has been good and we like the ship. The 'anytime buffet' is on the Horizon deck and overlooks the bow. Two fine dining restaurants, one for scheduled seating with the same guests or an alternative 'anytime' with open seating. We chose the open at the Bordeux dining room. Very pleasant. The food is not up to the quality of Seabourn or Crystal but I'd rather be on a ship like this. So much more to do and areas to walk around.

Publication Date: 12/13/09