Coral Princess Cruise Review by Major Doolittle: Cruising for discovery and therapy

Major Doolittle
Member Since 2009
1 Post

Compare Prices on Coral Princess Panama Canal & Central America Cruises

Cruising for discovery and therapy

Sail Date: December 2009
Destination: Panama Canal & Central America
Embarkation: Los Angeles

We've actually been married over 26 years now but are finally doing what the wife wanted. When we left LA it was blustery and seas a bit rough. But we were delighted with the cabin. Very spacious and the deck is long - full width of the cabin. Layout it excellent to optimize the room. We've done four sailings with Seabourn and a coule with Crystal. We were ready for a larger ship with more to do. Lot's of things going on here.

We'd visited Cabo San Lucas, Alacapulco and Huatulco in Mexico. I'd never heard of the last before but it is a new area that the Mexican government has been promoting. Beautiful beach and warm clean water. The vendors are a bit irritating until you settle down at a spot on the beach. I had a beer and my wife a Marguerita. I finished that for her and then got worried as I'd forgotten the ice. Thankfully I feel fine today but still think it was dumb to drink anything except from a bottle in a 3rd world location like that. We dock in Punta Arenas, Costa More Rica tomorrow.

Meanwhile, the service has been good and we like the ship. The 'anytime buffet' is on the Horizon deck and overlooks the bow. Two fine dining restaurants, one for scheduled seating with the same guests or an alternative 'anytime' with open seating. We chose the open at the Bordeux dining room. Very pleasant. The food is not up to the quality of Seabourn or Crystal but I'd rather be on a ship like this. So much more to do and areas to walk around. Less

Read more Coral Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Coral Princess Review >>

Cabin review: Coral Princess Suite with Balcony Dolphin Deck D630

Awesome balcony. Only negative is the clanking of a small access door latch that would allow adjoining suites to visit if desired. The room is relatively large for a ship and well designed.

Beautiful port. We went to the museum across the street from the dock and then walked around town a bit. Great to duck into a modern store to cool down in the AC.

Read 149 Acapulco Reviews

Went horseback riding on the beach. 20 minute ride to get to the ranch on the bus. Everybody has their hand out. Interesting cactus on the way and a beautiful beach to ride. But it is very milk toast riding single file with three cowboys sheparding us along.