Island Escape Cruise Review by valerie

Island Escape
Island Escape
Member Name: valerie
Cruise Date: December 2009
Embarkation: Tenerife (Canary Islands)
Destination: Western Mediterranean
See More About: Island Escape Cruise Reviews | Western Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Thomson Cruises Cruise Deals
Dining 5+
Entertainment 5+
Rates 5+

Ship Facts: Island Escape Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Island Escape Deck Plans
Friendly way to cruise
I have just returned from a weeks cruise with Thomsons Island Escape. I would agree that the ship is a bit dated and due for an overhaul, however I don't agree with the comments about how you are treat and quality of food and drinks.

I started my holiday by visiting the Beachcomber resturant, we spent 3 and a half hours eating. The food was of a good variety and the quality was good. the staff were very friendly and assisted in every way. The Island resturant was a more relaxed eating enviroment and you were very well looked after.

The All inclusive drinks on board were fast and the proper drinks, Gordons Gin, Teachers or Grants whisky etc. Good measures as well. Champions bar the best of them all. If you wanted Beefeater gin famous grouse or bicardi, it only cost 10p a drink extra, that is nothing.

The entertainment was excellent from broadway shows to theatre to comedians and great tribute acts, we had Frank sinatra tribute act and he was as good as the real thing. The comedian was extremely funny and entertaining.

The Captain of the ship was very approachable, he was also very invovled in the entetainment, getting involved in some the the comedy shows adding to the impact.

I was not really comfortable with going on cruises, I had a bit of persuading to get me to go. This cruise has wetted my appetite and I look forward to my next cruise.

You have to remember when you go on a cruise, don't expect everything when your only willing to spend a little. This cruise was well worth the money.

I have never spoken and got on with so many different people on my holidays as I did on this cruise. It is such a way to socialise on holiday.

If your wondering, GO FOR IT, you'll get your moneys worth.

Publication Date: 12/12/09