Island Escape Cruise Review by valerie: Friendly way to cruise

Friendly way to cruise

Sail Date: December 2009
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Tenerife

I have just returned from a weeks cruise with Thomsons Island Escape. I would agree that the ship is a bit dated and due for an overhaul, however I don't agree with the comments about how you are treat and quality of food and drinks.

I started my holiday by visiting the Beachcomber resturant, we spent 3 and a half hours eating. The food was of a good variety and the quality was good. the staff were very friendly and assisted in every way. The Island resturant was a more relaxed eating enviroment and you were very well looked after.

The All inclusive drinks on board were fast and the proper drinks, Gordons Gin, Teachers or Grants whisky etc. Good measures as well. Champions bar the best of them all. If you wanted Beefeater gin famous grouse or bicardi, it only cost 10p a drink extra, that is nothing.

The entertainment was excellent from broadway shows to theatre to comedians and great tribute acts, we had Frank sinatra tribute act and he was as good as the More real thing. The comedian was extremely funny and entertaining.

The Captain of the ship was very approachable, he was also very invovled in the entetainment, getting involved in some the the comedy shows adding to the impact.

I was not really comfortable with going on cruises, I had a bit of persuading to get me to go. This cruise has wetted my appetite and I look forward to my next cruise.

You have to remember when you go on a cruise, don't expect everything when your only willing to spend a little. This cruise was well worth the money.

I have never spoken and got on with so many different people on my holidays as I did on this cruise. It is such a way to socialise on holiday.

If your wondering, GO FOR IT, you'll get your moneys worth. Less

Read more Island Escape cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Island Escape Review >>

Cabin review: Island Escape 8007

The cabin was a bit compact, but that is what I paid for. Good storage space. plenty of new films on tv. You can watch where you are on tv, with picture and charts. had own toilet sink and shower, rooms tidied a least twice a day. They cleaned your room so much that I was worried that if I got out of bed in the middle of the night, someone would come in and remake it. Our cabin service was excellent, she would even open my door if my hands were full. The staff could not do enough for us.

Great scenes, roasting weather. good transfers arrange by cruise company at affordable prices. Lazed around on beach.

Nice Island and worth a visit.

Beautiful island cable car ride and tobbaggan down the hill. picturesque.

back to dis embark. Very efficeint how they did this, they did all the hard work, I just had to be there at the last minute, so I could make the most of my breakfast.

Read 209 Tenerife Reviews