“What great places to see”
Cruise review of Norwegian Jade

jayhawk72 Norwegian Jade 4 What great places to see
jayhawk72
Member Since 2009
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
This was my wife and I's 7th cruise, second on NCL, first on the Jade. I started planning the cruise in May for a Thanksgiving cruise. We arrived in Barcelona a day early to see a little of the city. We walked the La Rambla seeing the open air markets. Very interesting. Next day we took the HOHO and was worth the money to see all the sights. Be careful European Union contries are very expensive. Take a private vendor to your hotel or ship, about 9 Euros apiece as apposed to 20 for a taxi. They can be gotten where the buses are at the airport.

Embarkation was very smooth, took about 15 min. I had made arrangements for independent excursions for all our destinations except Malta where we did the HOHO. We saved our group about $800 each. They worked out perfectly. All were great with the personel touche.

The food one the Jade was good not great by any means. The rooms were clean and the ship very nice. The entertainment was good with the ensemble group the best I have heard. Just a warning. We use a debit card and it worked great, but somehow they photographed by card and got my pin in Rome and got over $2000 out my account before Visa blocked it.

This was a great trip, St. Peters, Athens, Ephesus, the Pyramids, Wow!! All in all because of this it was a great time. The ship could improve it's food and I can't believe they allow smoking in the rooms. But it is still a bargain and I would say everyone should go.

Norwegian Jade Cruises to the Eastern Mediterranean
  • Service
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Obstructed Oceanview

All I can say is wow. We use Wedjat.com for a private tour overnight in Cairo. It was much cheaper than the cruise line. We had a great hotel. Ask for Hanaa and had Mohamad as our guide. Absolutly the best.

Port
Sceduled a private tour with Ozgur. Ephesus was amazing. Beautiful countryside.

Read 180 Izmir Reviews
Great port, so much to see. I sceduled a privated tour for 12. We used Limousinserviceinrome.com, Ask for Manilo. Great service. We had a driver and Vatican guide. Fabio and Fabio were great. But beware of pick pockets and spying camera around ATM's. My card info was stolen in Piazza Navona. What a hassle that has been

Published 12/12/09
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Norwegian Jade Review
Norwegian Jade Cruises to the Eastern Mediterranean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?