Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by mandms40: Cruisin on the Conquest

Compare Prices on Carnival Conquest Western Caribbean Cruises

Cruisin on the Conquest

Sail Date: November 2009
Embarkation: Galveston

Just a little background on us, it was my husband 46 and myself 50 from Miami, Oklahoma. I had a friend of mine that had her sister come with her. All of us had been on a cruise before except for the sister, first cruise.

We drove down Friday night and arrived in Galveston Saturday morning just in time to see the Ecstasy arrive, went to the pier and watched her dock. We then went to our hotel Galveston Hilton and they let us check in early, at 8am. The hotel was great, would stay there again, great price(got on hotels.com). The only thing I would change, park your car in the Lighthouse parking lot or across from the pier, we did the free shuttle from the hotel(free parking at the hotel)and waited 1 1/2 hours for the shuttle to pick us up after the cruise. Never again!

Embarkation was easy, long line but went very quickly for the amount of people that were there. Got on the ship and first Drink of the day by 1:00. Was very chilly the first day out and the day coming More back was very rough(went through a cold front)so you almost felt ripped off those two days, too cold to enjoy the lido deck.

Jamaica- Went to Dr. Caves Beach, wow, this is a wonderful place to go, get a shuttle for $5pp and $5 to get into the beach, $5 for beach chairs, the water was so clear you could see your feet, they have 2 restaurant that waiters come out to serve you cocktails and order food while you lay on the beach.

Grand Cayman- We just shopped there, was nice to walk around and see everything, stopped at Hard Rock Cafe for lunch and cocktails

Cozumel- Always a great place to shop, take a taxi to downtown $7 for up to 4 people, and all we did was shop, and shop, and shop, very good bargain. This is my 3rd time in Cozumel, I would go there again and again.

And like I said, the last day was cold and very rough. The food was great, we didn't eat alot in the Lido buffet, we went to the Monet restaurant for breakfast and dinner everyday, lunch most days we had the Mongolian Grill. Room Service needs some work, we ordered every morning, coffee and a bagel, out of 7 days we received it 3 times, not a good record.

We had a ocean view room, very nice size, had a couch with a coffee table, king size bed, about 220 sq. ft. We did have to get our ice everyday, but our room was kept clean.

All and all, we did enjoy our cruise, just don't know if I want to go out of Galveston again. Love the warm weather of Florida instead. Less

Read more Carnival Conquest cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Conquest Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Conquest Oceanview Main 2383

We had cabin 2383, ocean view, mid-ship, very good room, not alot of noise, very comfortable.