Noordam Cruise Review by cruiselovr12

Member Name: cruiselovr12
Cruise Date: November 2009
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Cabin Category: nn
See More About: Noordam Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Holland America Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Ship Facts: Noordam Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Noordam Deck Plans
Noordam the Snoordam
I sailed on the Noordam from November 11-21st 2009, and I was very pleased with the ship. From the way the crew on board the Noordam treated us, to the service.It was fantastic and I loved the open seating. There dining was always fantastic I never had a complaint about it. They had great entertainment as well. They had the usual jugglers/comedians/Holland America dancers/ etc. Their cruise director had done a great job as well. He was probably the funniest cruise director I have ever had. The cabin stewards on the other hand were very kind, however they weren't very social with you as much as they are on other ships. I think they were given more rooms than usual because my room was never clean until about noon to 1:00. They cut back on the bowls of fruit in your room as well. It didn't bother me that much because the cruise was a lot slower in the since that everything was laid back and I never had anything planned to do on the ship. There wasn't an event happening every hour, you could just sit back and relax. I pretty much spent the days at sea sleeping on the promenade deck. Just listening to the ocean. The only thing that I really did not like about the ship was their program sheet. Every night you would receive one on your bed. It was nearly impossible to read. You could never figure out what was going on the next day. Then they would never give you much information on the next port you were going to. Overall though it was a pretty good cruise.

Publication Date: 12/10/09