Carnival Valor Cruise Review by tealsbach

Carnival Valor
Member Name: tealsbach
Cruise Date: November 2009
Destination: Panama Canal & Central America
See More About: Carnival Valor Cruise Reviews | Panama Canal & Central America Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
        10-12 1.0
        13-15 4.0

Valor - Pirates of Caribbean Canopy Tour ROCKS
Overall the experience was pleasurable, not great, not terrible.

The plus side is I loved all the Ports and the cost of the cruse was really cheap compared to other cruise lines, but I see I got what I paid for.

The service staff was great, but SLOW! We had early dinning in the Washington dinning room and dinner took every bit of 2 hours and some nights we were rushed out during dessert. We waited at least 30 minutes between each course. It was a long time for the kids to sit.

The Camp Carnival/Circle C program left much to be desired. My son (11 years and 10 months and approx 5'1"; 125 pounds) and his 12 year old cousin were looking forward to the different activities Circle C offered. However, upon arrival we found out that because my son was not 12 years old yet he had to stay in Camp Carnival with his "age group" the 6 - 11 year olds. I'm sorry, but it was rather obvious (not only to myself, but other Camp Carnival staff) that my son did not belong with 6 year olds. I was rather disappointed that the Program Director could not be more flexible and use her judgment instead of fighting with me and insisting it was policy he hang out with the little kids for 2 hours before he could be moved up to Circle C. Not sure if any of you have tweenagers, but being required to "play" with the little kids didn't sit well with my son when his cousins were off and running with the 12-14 year olds in Circle C and he wouldn't do it. It was really rather disappointing.

Publication Date: 12/10/09