Carnival Splendor Cruise Review by Tgianco: Great Diversion to the Pacific Northwest

Tgianco
Member Since 2008

Family & Children 4.0

Compare Prices on Carnival Splendor British Columbia Cruises

Great Diversion to the Pacific Northwest

Sail Date: May 2009
Destination: British Columbia
Embarkation: Los Angeles

This will be a short review. Needless to say, we were bummed that we weren't going to Mexico and contemplated cancelling, but we just wanted to get on the ship so badly. Boy, are we glad that we did.

The ship is a biggie... well, at least compared to the Paradise. Yeah, it was pink, but so what? I found the layout a little harder to grasp than the Paradise (only my 2nd cruise), but there were lots of ammenities.

We had a penthouse suite, which was very nice, except that our kids (6 and 3) were fine hanging out in the room. I think the smaller space last year (ocean view) was better in that it made everyone want to get out.

The pools were nicer on the Splendor, much warmer and it was nice that they could close the top when it was cold, which it was on our sea days and in Astoria, OR. The food choices were great. The pizza wasn't nearly as good as it was the year before on the Paradise, but the Tandoori Grill, the Rotiserrie, the Burrito State, the Sushi... More more than made up for it. The dining room was, as usual, very good.

The staff was top notch. We were always greeted with a smile and warmth everywhere we went on the ship, and the towel animals are always a big hit with the kids. Camp Carnival was a little more disorganized than the paradise, but still very good.

I could have done without Astoria, but Vancouver and Victoria were breath-taking. I'd go on that itinerary again, although I would rather see either SF or Seattle as stops instead of Astoria.

Our family looks forward to sailing her again... to Mexico this time! Less

Read more Carnival Splendor cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Splendor Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Splendor

Beautiful, clean, breath-taking scenery.

Even better, cleaner and more breath-taking than Vancouver. I'd move there in a heartbeat.

Read 554 Victoria Reviews