Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by latenthart

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by latenthart
Liberty of the Seas
Liberty of the Seas
Member Name: latenthart
Cruise Date: November 2009
Cabin Category: e1
Dining 5+
        13-15 3.0

they dont mention they got rid of the chocalate buffet : (
We are young couple in mid 30s, with 13yr old son. We have cruised 3 times previously with RCL and once with Carnival (our last with Carnival EVER)

Having previously been on Voyager class ships, I really looked forward to seeing what the Freedom Class had to offer. It was bigger and very nice, but I would not hesitate to book the Voyager class again if the price was right. I don't have little kids so the H20 zone meant nothing to us. We really didn't box and used flow rider once. Food was better than I remembered and service in dining room outstanding. Oliver and Antonio took care of us and they were wonderful. We did notice a few things had changed from previous cruises.

NO chocolate on pillows NO midnight chocolate buffet NO poolside party with ice sculptures

I really like the poolside party and chocolate buffet, so I found that a little annoying. It really is over the top and I love it!

There was only one ice cream machine open, There used to be two always. This made for some long lines. Dishes were EVERYWHERE POOLSIDE and were piling up all over the place.

At some point when unable to find a clean poolside table to sit at with my lunch, I tried to sit down at the juice bar. I was informed that I could not. Keep in mind, no one was sitting at juicebar. The pool area was definitly either being neglected or they were understaffed due to budget cuts?

We tried portofino's. Food was of better quality. Service was better in dining room as far as I am concerned though.

I noticed a little wear and tear in carpets in Windjammer but other than that Ship was outstanding.

My son took part in teen camp. Hmmm... at times I wished I was in the teen club. One night they had a glow party in fuel. They were playing the best music, SO MUCH better than catacombs. I don't know what is up with the DJ at catacombs, most of the time I felt like I was at a wedding. At some point they played the Electric Slide? Seriously? I understand an oldies night, or a motown nite, but every night was a snoozefest. We tried talking to the DJ and he said he couldn't playing anything else till around 2am. Yeah at two AM, I am already falling asleep. One thing I did not like about kids club is, I thought that 12-14 were separate from older kids. NO they are not. 12-17 all hang out together. I really didn't think that was appropriate at all. What every mom wants, their 12 year old at a glow party with 17yr olds.

Publication Date: 12/09/09