Golden Princess Cruise Review by smsruiseship: Unhappy Princess Cruiser

Unhappy Princess Cruiser

Sail Date: November 2009
Destination: Hawaii
Embarkation: Los Angeles

This was my second trip on the Golden Princess, the first was 9 years ago to the Mediterranean. I was in a handicapped mini suite at that time and requested a handicapped room as I need a walk in shower. I had requested a handicapped room with a balcony on Aloha deck A303. This room was assigned to me in October 2008 for the 2009 cruise over Thanksgiving. When I got to the ship I was told that I was up-graded to a mini suite. The only problem was , as I found out when I got on the ship, the room was not handicapped and had a tub with a shower. I could not take a shower for the entire 14 days except when I took a message, (twice)). The shower in the spa which was extremely difficult as I had to stand the whole time. Also,the room was in the rear of the ship on D deck and extremely hard to get to instead of being in the center right off the elevators. I was very unhappy with the cruise because of this and the purser was no help. Were there some good things . Yes as the staff More in the SPA and the restaurants and the stuart were fantastic. Most of the excursions were also great and enjoyable. Would I go on Princess again, NO. The disembarkation was also a mess as there were not many wheelchairs. Less

Read more Golden Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Golden Princess Review >>

Cabin review: Golden Princess D731

If I was not handicapped, the mini-suite was truly a wonderful room with a lot of space to put your cloths and other items. We noticed a couple of spots on the sofa.

(5.5)
This island had a great day, with very little rain. We took a tour with 11 people through the lava pits, a coffee place and the chocolate factory. It was a new tour that was truly great and the only hard part was going through the lava pits but I had a lot of help from the other people on the tour.
Read 269 Hilo Reviews

The trip to the Arizona memorial was great but the city tour was not so good. We went on a dinner cruise which was fantastic.
Read 264 Honolulu Reviews

(5.5)
I thought that the port was a delight and it was so good to see all the fauna on this island, I took the helicopter ride and it was the most fantastic hour imaginable. I would recommend this tour to all as it is the best way to see all the waterfalls.
Read 236 Kauai Reviews

(5.5)
The tour in this port was not too good due to the fog which we encountered on the mountain top after over an hour ride. I would suggest you just stay in Lanai and forget the tours.
Read 262 Maui Reviews