Golden Princess Cruise Review by smsruiseship

Embarkation: Los Angeles
Destination: Hawaii
Cabin Category: bal
Cabin Number: D731
See More About: Golden Princess Cruise Reviews | Hawaii Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals
Spa & Fitness 5+

Unhappy Princess Cruiser
This was my second trip on the Golden Princess, the first was 9 years ago to the Mediterranean. I was in a handicapped mini suite at that time and requested a handicapped room as I need a walk in shower. I had requested a handicapped room with a balcony on Aloha deck A303. This room was assigned to me in October 2008 for the 2009 cruise over Thanksgiving. When I got to the ship I was told that I was up-graded to a mini suite. The only problem was , as I found out when I got on the ship, the room was not handicapped and had a tub with a shower. I could not take a shower for the entire 14 days except when I took a message, (twice)). The shower in the spa which was extremely difficult as I had to stand the whole time. Also,the room was in the rear of the ship on D deck and extremely hard to get to instead of being in the center right off the elevators. I was very unhappy with the cruise because of this and the purser was no help. Were there some good things . Yes as the staff in the SPA and the restaurants and the stuart were fantastic. Most of the excursions were also great and enjoyable. Would I go on Princess again, NO. The disembarkation was also a mess as there were not many wheelchairs.

Publication Date: 12/09/09
Read the Hawaii ports review by smsruiseship
More Golden Princess Cruise Reviews