Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by Katie: Pride of Aloha - Hawaii

Pride of Aloha - Hawaii

Sail Date: July 2004
Destination: Hawaii
Embarkation: Honolulu

This is NOT the cruise for you! I have nothing but bad things to say about this ship and it's crew. Very poor quality of service, lack of staff, minimal ship board activities. What a mess - It was like we were in some kind of experiment gone wrong!

Crew and staff were unfriendly - never smiled - never spoke to you. I felt like I (the passenger) was the enemy.

The staterooms were dirty - and the food very basic. Long lines for all restaurants around 45min for evening meal - 1hr for room service! Menu did not change except for one item.

The photography was shocking - take your own pictures! After browsing though the photo gallery I found shots of peoples heads cut off...uncentered and out of focus. The formal night photo is taken with a digital camera which is of poor quality and seems to be tinted red! Camera staff were at the dockside but unhappy if you asked them to take a picture of you!

Kids club was open from 7pm-10pm! Need I say more? More Traveling with 3 children, I was hoping to occupy the kids with the activities on the ship....I had no option but to stay with them at all times - take them on excursions and entertain them!

No gym time - No spa time - No free time! It was a shock to have only 3 hrs of Kids Club - By the way, 45min wait at the restaurant plus 2hrs for the food to finally appear, meant that I was rushing to get them back!

I am sure that you have read many stories like this - I still have more I could say - but I am currently writing to NCLA and AAA to tell them that this experiment cruise is a big disappointment! Less

Read more Norwegian Sky cruise reviews >>