Carnival Dream Cruise Review by jmmdmom: Dream a nightmare

Compare Prices on Carnival Dream Bahamas Cruises

Dream a nightmare

Sail Date: November 2009
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

Just returned from my 8th Carnival cruise which was on the new Dream class ship. I wish to warm those who cruise to have fun to avoid this ship. While it would make a great ship for boring parents, as it is family oriented, it is not a ship for funloving parents. Perhaps it is just the newness of the ship, but I found all the employees I asked had been with the cruiseline for years. My son found two socks in his bed the first night. How to you clean a room with clean sheets and put socks in the bed???? I found one dirty tennis shoe under my bed. We did the anytime dining. One night, my husband did not get one item he ordered and my cappacino was expresso.... My kids felt the service was not as personal even though we were seated at the same table many nights during the cruise. Also, if you do this option, keep in mind that you never get to see the waiters do their show as it is always on the lower floor. I took my 18 year old son and his girlfriend. They are very good college kids. More They were denied access to the adults only area. I find it quite interesting that they are more than willing to consider them adults in the casino where they can take their money, but they are not considered adults for the Serenity area. Hmmmm They said they are too wild? This age group cannot drink yet so I find it hard to believe they would be that wild and my kids are very well behaved. So if they are not adults who get their own area, and the kids all have their own area????? Why then is there not an area for this particular age group!!!!!!!! I always invite friends who are not cruisers to come with us and try it out. This cruise was no exception. It was an embarassing situation. BUT WORST OF ALL.... THIS WAS THE MOST DISTURBING THING ABOUT THE WHOLE CRUISE..... SITTING BY THE POOL, THE MAIN AREA FOR HAVING FUN DURING THE DAY, THEY ACTUALLY PLAYED OPERA MUSIC!!!!! I DO NOT CONSIDER OPERA MUSIC TO BE THE TYPE OF MUSIC FOR A FUN CRUISE. MAYBE IN THE DINING ROOM.... MAYBE IN THE OTHER AREAS OF THE SHIP.... BUT NOT BY THE POOL! I will never cruise Dream again and am considering changing my preferential cruise line from Carnival because of this disturbing experience. Less

Read more Carnival Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Dream Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Dream Balcony Upper 6209

We took a tour for $70 which lasted 3 hours. It was on an oversized pontoon boat staffed by 2 people. It was no more than a pontoon ride to see dolphins and manatees and was a complete waste of money. It was at most worth $25 per person.

We did not bother getting off of the ship. Tours were overpriced.

Read 781 Freeport Reviews

We did not do a ship tour on this one, but found our own taxi guide off of the ship. He was an awesome tour guide and we paid only $20 per person. I feel this was the best day of the cruise thanks to our awesome guide.

Read 2666 Nassau Reviews