Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by pichicruiser: Great time at the Conquest!

pichicruiser
Member Since 2007

Family & Children 2.0

Compare Prices on Carnival Conquest Western Caribbean Cruises

Great time at the Conquest!

Sail Date: November 2009
Embarkation: Galveston

I traveled with my DH, my DD and 3 YO DGS. It was very quick from the time our son dropped us at the pier to the time we were on the boat. The debarkation was also very quick. The weather was a little bit cold the first day, but after that it was nice and warm. The food was good.

The one thing that I was disappointed at is Camp Carnival. We took our three year old DGS and tried Camp Carnival the first day, but they called us within 15 minutes to pick him up. He was walking around the room crying, and the camp counselors seemed overwhelmed by the number of kids in the room and were not paying attention to him. On this cruise, Camp Carnival seemed chaotic due to the large number of children on the Thanksgiving cruise. We stood in line at least 30 minutes to check our GS in camp the first day. We did not go back. We will try Camp Carnival again on future cruises... My DGS used the small pool on the same deck and Camp Carnival and loved it. He was the only one there. I never saw More any other kids there. It is great for the little ones.

We had the late dinner and our waiters were good, not great. The food in the dining room was also good. The ribs were excellent and I loved the bitter and blank dessert and the soufflE dessert (last night). My DD and I enjoyed dancing and participated in all the dance classes and dance events. We had fun at the deck party. Since this was our second time in the conquest this year and had the late dinner, we did not go to the shows. They were the same. However we really enjoyed the magician show in May. Do not miss it.

Jamaica: We went to the Irie Mon Beach Party excursion and the beach was wonderful. The weather was nice and the ocean temperature was perfect. We did not do the party stuff, but enjoyed the beach, sun, the food and drinks. My DH, DD and DGS loved this beach. We probably could have saved some money by going to Doctor's Cave beach. I've read that it's really nice if what you are looking is for a relaxing day at the beach. We will try it next time.

Grand Cayman: We took a taxi to Reef Grill/Royal Palm beach. I recommend this place to everyone. It was sooo nice. You can rent an umbrella for $10 and chairs for $5. The water temperature was perfect. They have a really nice restaurant, but I just didn't want to get out of the ocean to eat. My husband had to almost pull me out of the water to go back to the ship and then it turns out that his watch had the wrong time and we could have spent at least two more hours at the beach.... He will never be in charge of the time....

Cozumel: We went to Nachi Cocom and this was our favorite. The best beach I've been to in Cozumel. We loved it. The beach is nice, clean, and not crowded. They have palapas with plenty of shade. They had hammocks, a pool and a Jacuzzi. The pool was very cold. The food was great and our waiter was fantastic. You can order by the beach or eat at the restaurant. The $49 price per person includes food, chairs, palapa, access to the beach, pool, etc. If you want a massage, or you wish to rent snorkel equipment or parasail, it is extra. At the end of the day, they have radios and call a taxi for you.

We did not hear about anyone going over-board or any over-board Saturday.

We love the Conquest and will probably go back next year. Less

Read more Carnival Conquest cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Conquest Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Conquest Oceanview Main 2355

Cabin 2355 - OV cabin on main floor. Quiet location, nice window view. Perfect location for people that are afraid to get seasick because you can hardly feel the ship movement. The cabin accomodated 4 of us nicely. It was a little bit crowded when we were triying to get ready for dinner, but otherwise there enough room for the amount of time you spend in your cabin.