MSC Poesia Cruise Review by learning

Member Name: learning
Cruise Date: November 2009
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Cabin Category: ins
See More About: MSC Poesia Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | MSC Cruises Cruise Deals
        13-15 2.0
Rates 5+

Ship Facts: MSC Poesia Review (by Cruise Critic!) | MSC Poesia Deck Plans
Expect the Hampton Inn and you won't be dissapointed
After reading all the mixed reviews I went expecting the worst and hoping for the best. Embarkation was quick and easy. The best part was that as soon as we walked onto the ship, we were met with white glove service. The attendant took our carry-on and brought us directly to the room. We were staying in an inside cabin. Very clean and nothing looked worn anywhere on the ship. Still had that new, shiny look.

Entertainment on several of the nights was spectacular. Wonderful costumes, great scenery and some real talent. There were a few nights when the program did not seem adequately rehearsed. Always entertaining.

Meals really aren't their thing. Service was very good. The waiters tried very hard and wanted to please. The food was of low quality. Tasted like frozen or canned. Not the greatest, but on the positive side, I wasn't tempted to eat too much and gain weight. On the plus side, there was a good salad and fruit bar! Pizza was also pretty good.

My 15 y.o. daughter came along. She did meet some friends and had a good time with them. Teen activities were very limited and the kids could have used more activities geared towards them.

The ship was overall very clean and the furnishings and decor fairly simple. More what I would expect from a clean Hampton Inn rather than thinking I was going to the Ritz.

My only real 'beef' with the ship was that it didn't appear that the stabilizer was either used at all or infrequently. The shipped REALLY rocked when there was only a slight chop. A few of the days were pretty bad on the ship. There were several seniors with bruises from falling. I think if the boat took up a collection, we all would have chipped in to pay for the extra gas needed to run the stabilizers.

Otherwise, made some new friends and really did enjoy myself. The boat was active and had good security.

Publication Date: 11/30/09