Vision of the Seas Cruise Review by matpmod

Embarkation: Other
Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
Cabin Category: N
Cabin Number: 2047
See More About: Vision of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Eastern Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Vision of the Seas Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Vision of the Seas Deck Plans
Vision of my first cruise
We sailed on a 'repositioning' cruise from Athens to Lisbon. This was our first ever cruise, and as such, I don't have anything to compare it too, but I will give you my honest opinion as I see it.

My overall impression of this cruise was that it was badly organised, and under staffed. The 'entertainment' was very poor, and on sea days we found ourselves wondering what to do with our time. The choices consisted of a quiz.....playing the Nintendo Wii for half an hour.....or listening to the (frankly terrible) band at the pool area. We always opted to do the quizzes, out of desperation, and I would rarther stick hot pins in my eye then listen to that terrible singer/drummer on the pool deck......where did they get him from?? The 'Vic Reeves' school of pub singers?? The evening acts were only marginally better.....the 'illusionist' would have been good if this was the 70's (very old fashioned routine), and the juggler was just awful.....it would have 'entertained' kids (for 5 minutes), but it is not good enough to keep adults entertained for over an hour. The only thing that made me smile was when he dropped things...but even that got boring (and a little embarrassing) after the third time it happened. The ship felt small (even though it obviously isn't) because of the limited places to go.....we ended up sitting it the 'centrum' on sea days looking out of the window in a daze, because there was nothing else to do. Enough with the negatives.....there were positives too. The staff were very friendly, and even though they were obviously very busy, always had time to say hello, and ask you how you were....which I found very nice. We ate in the main dining room 9 nights out of 10, and found the staff to be very nice here too (especially Orlando, our assistant waiter, from the Caribbean), and the food of exceptional quality. We used the 'My Time Dining' option, and would recommend it highly. We ate in the Windjammer occasionally (for lunch/breakfast) and found the food OK...but not a patch on the main dining room. The thing that made the whole cruise worth while was the ports of call. We thought they were all excellent, and particularly enjoyed Malta, Malaga and Lisbon. We would definitely cruise again...but probably not with Royal Caribbean. I would rather try another cruise line in the hope of some better organised entertainment...especially on sea days.

Publication Date: 11/30/09
More Vision of the Seas Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Vision of the Seas review Read the next Vision of the Seas review

More Eastern Mediterranean Cruise Reviews