Celebrity Century Cruise Review by jlg172: Thanksgiving cruise

Thanksgiving cruise

Sail Date: November 2009
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Barcelona

Nov 21, 2009, Embarkation, smooth as glass. Arrived at the airport, met by cruise personnel, didn't have a reservation for a transfer but they accommodated us. Arrived at the ship, "checked in" and boarded the ship. We were early so it was the buffet for us. The pizza was yummy and the ice cream better. Went to our room, first time we have had a sky suite and the room and balcony was lovely. Carlton was our butler and he took care of making sure we had what we needed right away. Simon needed some shirts pressed and he took them, had them done and when we returned the next day, they were hanging in the closet. Guest relations was helpful when our safe didn't work. First night as dinner, wow, great table, great waiter (Renato), great assistant waiter (Ulisses, brand new), great maitre'd (Melvis). MOst of all the tablemates we had were incredible. We enjoyed there company every night of the cruise. I am a very picky eater and so Renato made sure I had something I liked every More evening. Between he and Melvis, I could never had gone hungry. Very efficient. Loved it, and can't say enough. The formal nights were impeccable and the desserts lovely. Thank you Celebrity for making sure we had Renato and Ulisses to take care of us during dinner.

We only used the cruise line shore excursions once and it was good. This was in Cannes, and we went to Galimard perfume factory (very interesting experience) and to St Paul de Vance, beautiful walled city in France. The other cities we had booked private shore excursions but they were flawless. We used Rome in Limo, Rome cabs, and AP tours and I would recommend any of them. The prices were comparable to the cruise line and we only had 6 people. We only attended one show due to the fact that we had late dinner seating and didn't care to attend a show before dinner.

The cruise critic party was very nice, food, drinks and good company. The Captain's Club party was very good, entertainment, food, etc. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The Amalfi coast and Sorrento, one of the most beautiful places we have been. Withour tour guides we saw more than we could have ever dreamed. Rome, WOW, Pompeii, unbelievable...For disembarkation, we took a post tour with the ship which then returned us to the airport. Lovely and wonderful We made friends that will last a lifetime and we will most definitely cruise with Celebrity again. Again, Renato if you read this, thank you for attending to my food needs and for being a great waiter!!! You helped make our dining experience delightful every evening! Ulisses, you will make a great waiter, keep smiling and talk sometimes. Melvis, thank you for attending to my menu choices and for making sure I had what I wanted to eat!! Thank you Celebrity!! Less

Read more Celebrity Century cruise reviews >>