“A Quest on Three Continents”
Cruise review of Azamara Quest

Shirley Conroy Azamara Quest 5 A Quest on Three Continents
Shirley Conroy
Member Since
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
We joined Quest in Rome and were immediately made to feel at home and very special!! |

We booked a Sky Suite and enjoyed all its enhanced facilities such as a Head Butler who seemed to know what we wanted before we did!! A fantastic journey through Eastern Europe, into Asia at Istanbul - what a wonderful city - and to North Africa - has to be done to see the Pyramids but I would not go back - very unclean and too poor - made me feel even more privileged than I do already! The Captain, officers, seamen and staff could not have done more for us. |

We had a few minor problems which were sorted out in a matter of minutes. They do have an expensive alcohol regime which is a shame as it does detract from the camaraderie I would normally associate with a five star ship.

The food in Aqualina and Prime C was stunning, not so impressed with the main dining room but that may have been our choices as other guests were very happy with it. The shore excursions were expensive but no more than on other cruise lines and we really appreciated the welcome "home" when we returned to the ship - especially getting back to Alexandria from Cairo - we were greeted with Mimosas and the Quest Orchestra on the quay side - a little touch that made our trip all the more special. We have friends who have sailed on Journey and loved it too.

Would we come back to Azamara - yes, however, I am typing this in the BA Lounge at Athens airport having been dumped here by Azamara at 0945 for a 1500 flight (booked through them together with land transfers)- not the best way to end what was a fabulous trip.

Azamara Quest Cruises to the Eastern Mediterranean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

SS8053
Great for nipping up to the Cafe to get coffee and fresh orange in the morning but noisy in the late morning and early afternoon because the burger bar is directly above. It you get the same staff that looked after us you cannot fail to be impressed and have everything you ever hoped for in a cruise.

Port
Wonderful clean friendly and historic City where East really does meet West! Far too much to see in two days and we sailed early afternoon. Could have done with two over nights and not rushed so much to see maybe 70% of the wonderful buildings. Blue Mosque ws the highlight but ended up (as usual on coach trips) at a Bazaar - this one with great Turkish Carpets. My husband bought me a silk one and I think we paid a reasonable price for it but it was not a bargain. Haggle hard!!!!
Read 402 Istanbul Reviews
Port
Must not miss Ephesus and the restaurants along the waterfront are fabulous, great fresh fish and try Angora Wines either white or red they are terrific value.
Read 577 Kusadasi Reviews
Port
We called in on a Sunday and had to leave around 5pm - could have done with an evening in Port and missed out the next call which was Chios a small, semi derelict Greek Island on the way to Istanbul. Lots of wonderful restaurants and great leather shops.
Published 11/30/09
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Azamara Quest Review
Azamara Quest Cruises to the Eastern Mediterranean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?