Carnival Freedom Cruise Review by debra816: Carnival Freedom--- Best Cruise Ever!!

debra816
Member Since 2005

Compare Prices on Carnival Freedom Western Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Freedom--- Best Cruise Ever!!

Sail Date: November 2009

Freedom has wonderful music (R&B) etc. playing thruout. The shows in the main lounge are second to none. The costumes were superb. I felt we should be watching these productions on Broadway. However, there was one evening with a not so good show. I think it was geared toward the "seniors". Sinatra type of music, etc. The service and staff very friendly. Music in the lobby and walkway in front of casino was excellent. Their Karaokee was not all that great. I think the room was to large which made folks feel "impersonal". The best Karaokee I've experienced was in smaller settings and everyone felt more personal.

The food was great, but not as good as other ships which was superb! Half of the menus were repeat, more often that I expected. Even in the formal dining room. I really like the diners spread for the late nighters (held in the area of the clubs which was set up near the sushi-bar location. Also disappointed that there were no burgers and fries on the lido deck late More at night. Only pizza.

Overall it was our best cruise ever!!! Music, shows, food, service.

One other point is, it is a beautifully decorated ship, and pristine clean throuout, except for the balcony had layers of oily salty film on the railing and it's furniture. Also the windows were dirty in the rooms and the dining room (lido deck) windows. Could not take any decent pictures thru them without a smeared, smudgy, filmy appearance. I have not seen any other ship with dirty windows like that. This is a first for Carnival. That was really a let down because stopping at five ports I like to take pictures from my room/window. Less

Read more Carnival Freedom cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Freedom Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Freedom Oceanview Main

We were in 2308 and it was a great location. Quiet. The cabin was set up with twin beds and not only that, was sagging in the center(s). The spread/duvet was not very "white" either and the steward changed it to King size early on and somehow removed the sagging also added newer/whiter covers. (I'm just used to my other cruises on Carnival ships with the "white spread/duvet and pillows on their other ships). The bathroom smelled of urine when we first came in our room. After telling him and asking that he "re-sanitize" our room it smelled fresh all week long.

It was my first time visiting. We took a tour and had a really good time. I enjoyed seeing the "zip line". The beautiful beaches too. We saw a beautiful "mural" along the side of the road. We saw where Eric Clapton lived. Also saw where the Atlantic and the Caribbean ocean separates.

Read 796 Antigua Reviews

This was a night time tour but the guide did an excellent job showing us around. We saw the penthouse where Jennifer Lopez and Mark Anthony lives. We went down a street like "Rodeo Drive" with all the ritzy stores and shops. We saw where the squatters live. We were shown the deepest ocean floor in the world. 6 miles deep. (Not fenced in either- mind you). We saw the most beautiful park with a lavish beach cove built in. All in all San Juan is a beautiful place.

Read 1353 San Juan Reviews