Costa Pacifica Cruise Review by welshwizard: Lost luggage

Lost luggage

Sail Date: November 2009
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Rome (Civitavecchia)

We got to Rome and our luggage was lost both mine and my wife's, also about twelve other people on our KLM flight from Amsterdam. I'm disabled but can walk a little with a lot of pain.After filling missing luggage forms out we were rushed by Costa reps to the bus which we thought were outside, but no they were 1/4 mile away up the road as taxis were out the front. All the time we and other disabled passengers had to stop and slow down the rep as we were rushed. On ship we were told they will search for the luggage and they gave us toiletry bags robe and t shirt each. My wife's antidepressants had fallen out in the taxi at home and the others were in the suitcases and she was just crying all the time. The luggage didn't catch up with us until we left Pal ma so for nearly 4 days we wore the same clothes as we were told that the bags were coming but they didn't so that morning in pal ma we bought some but my wife just cried nearly continuously for the first three days and I was More getting worked up seeing her like it.

Must say though the captain and the staff were brilliant just the luggage was always one step behind and a few of the twelve that luggage was lost didn't get any clothes back on the cruise. Anyway the ship was lovely and so were the staff, I only wish I hadn`t booked the cruise over a year ago as i read reviews just before i went and they were right, if you like pizza great other wise food in the evening was terrible the posh nosh in the New York restaurant looked good but I Had only Jeans and shirt and when we went in the looks we had made us uncomfortable so we left and had the buffet.We could not find a quite spot any where on the ship its just music everywhere.the shows we did go to see were great but at first my wife was to upset to go anywhere. The main theme of this cruise was at any opportunity to take photos and make money you couldn`t even make tea in the cabin. the surprise came at the end as we got off the ship my wife and I and our friend pushing his wife in a wheel chair proceeded to head to the coach for the airport when we were stopped by security.He pointed to the end of the building about 50 yards and don`t forget your luggage How the hell was brian pushing a wheel chair going to pick up 2 cases and push the wheelchair to the coach it seemed as soon as your of they didn't want to know we all had muck in and help.The same at the air port we were just dropped off and had the same problem so disabled people be aware!

Would I go again no to many rood Italians not all but most especially in the buffet,shows great staff great Ive had my moan thanks for reading hope it helps Less

Read more Costa Pacifica cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Costa Pacifica Review >>

Cabin review: Costa Pacifica 6415

Superb loads of room great bed and lovely balcony though could always hear music take ear plugs.

Smack in city service bus 1 euro taxis galore and horse and carriage or if fit walk up hill 600m to city . My favourite stop.

watch taxi prices nearly got ripped off some wanted 40 euro into centre got it for 25 lovely market
Read 102 Palermo Reviews

Nice port with good metered taxi service.