Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by MIKESMCS

Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: B1

Ship Facts: Norwegian Sky Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Norwegian Sky Deck Plans
The Good the Bad and the just OK
The GOOD, Service , it was excellent, loved the free style dinning. The cabin was clean, small but adequate, The Closet needs a refit, it does not use it's space wisely. For those who complain about the loose dress in the dinning rooms consider you now have to pay an extra 30 to 50 per check on bag on the airlines , I think there are a lot of people trying to make do with a carry on for a 4 day trip , doesn't leave a lot of room for formal dress if your pinching pennies. While I did wear nice jeans and a dressy shirt , there were many in shorts and it's and I couldn't care less about it, I think it's a great format. Service in the dinning room is excellent , food is decent and they make a good attempt at variety and have no problem with mixing and matching whatever you like even if you don't see it on the menu just ask.

The Bad, We weren't given the option of the "smaller drinks" by the pool, I realized on the last day that I was paying at least $3.00 extra per drink because of the silly souvenir cups. The are taller but not bigger.. Only 1 bartender asked if I would like a small or large .. the smalls were the same amount in a shorter wider glass is all. More BAD, draining a pool for an entire day of a what amounts to a 3 day cruise isn't a great idea . More GOOD the cabin steward was great no complaints .. got everything I asked for and my room was always clean. I don't dislike the auto tipping BUT I would like to know how much goes where and to whom as I felt my wait staff ( Dragana and Dragisha) deserved a little extra as did Rodolhfo ( sp)my cabin steward, I just wasn't sure how much extra to tip . In the end I would cruise with Norwegian again , but not this itinerary.

Publication Date: 11/24/09