Carnival Pride Cruise Review by taxcruisermom

Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

WOW - Carnival Pride was GREAT!!!!
This was our 7th Carnival Cruise and one of the best we have had so far.We are a couple in our 40's celebrating our 25th Wedding Anniversary and had my sister-in-law and her husband sailing with us. This was her first cruise and his second, and we had so much fun watching her enjoy her first cruise experience. She LOVED it and is a new cruise junkie like myself. We are already planning the next cruise. This time we left our kids at home and enjoyed more grown up fun. Don't get me wrong, our last cruise on the Valor in June 2008 with our 2 girls was wonderful and we plan to take them along again soon, but we needed our own time on this cruise. We sailed out on Sunday, Nov. 15th on a Sunny and clear day after having been through the Nor'easter that Hurricane Ida had left us with. The port of Baltimore was a breeze! We felt it was the easiest departure we have ever had. It was an easy drive from our home in Fredericksburg, VA and made it there in 2 hours. We exited right off 95, dropped our luggage, paid for the parking, parked and went on in. We stood in line to check in then waiting in our boarding area for maybe 30 minutes then we headed on up to the ship. The Pride in can say was truly beautiful. The guys got a kick out of some of the nudes (especially the one near the Normandy Dinning room), you will see it just past the grand piano - you can't miss it. I thought that the artwork all over the ship was a special touch I have not experienced on the others we have sailed on. We went to the Lido Deck and had lunch from the grill. We always do that on the first day. Everything was great!! I could not complain about the food at all. I enjoyed all of our meals, but especially the ones in the main dinning room. We had late seating and this has always worked well for us. Our head waitress, Jarunee from Thailand was so sweet and attentive, and her assistant, Nyoman, was always there with whatever we needed. They were always smiling and made us all feel special. Our cabin was on deck 8, mid ship, and had an extended balcony. We have always booked balconies and this was was great! It had so much room the four of us could all fit comfortably and have drinks. It comes with 2 chairs (1 that reclines) and a small table. We would bring out or vanity benches so we could all sit and relax together. Javier our cabin steward was the best! I have never felt so pampered. We saw him all the time as we were coming and going and he would ask how we were every time. VERY friendly. On some cruises we never see our stewards, but this time he always seemed to be around. I really can't say anything was bad about this cruise. The Ship was well maintained (they had closed the aft pool for tile repairs and the slide - this did not affect us since the kids were not with us and the mid ship pools were both open), crew was everywhere painting and cleaning. I never saw anything that was dirty or messy. We went to 2 shows, they were pretty good, and the first comedian was so funny - I forget his name, but he was from Georgia, and I laughed until I cried. The second comedian was not funny at all. We did enjoy the Carnival Legends show. I have seen this before on the Valor and enjoyed it more this time. The talent was better. Jaime, our cruise director, and William her assistant were great. I don't know where they get the energy to do what they do - the are amazing. All in all, this was a wonderful cruise. We are looking forward to the next one!!!

Publication Date: 11/24/09
Read the Bahamas ports review by taxcruisermom
More Carnival Pride Cruise Reviews