Carnival Pride Cruise Review by taxcruisermom: WOW - Carnival Pride was GREAT!!!!

taxcruisermom
Member Since 2009

Compare Prices on Carnival Pride Bahamas Cruises

WOW - Carnival Pride was GREAT!!!!

Sail Date: November 2009
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Baltimore

This was our 7th Carnival Cruise and one of the best we have had so far.We are a couple in our 40's celebrating our 25th Wedding Anniversary and had my sister-in-law and her husband sailing with us. This was her first cruise and his second, and we had so much fun watching her enjoy her first cruise experience. She LOVED it and is a new cruise junkie like myself. We are already planning the next cruise. This time we left our kids at home and enjoyed more grown up fun. Don't get me wrong, our last cruise on the Valor in June 2008 with our 2 girls was wonderful and we plan to take them along again soon, but we needed our own time on this cruise. We sailed out on Sunday, Nov. 15th on a Sunny and clear day after having been through the Nor'easter that Hurricane Ida had left us with. The port of Baltimore was a breeze! We felt it was the easiest departure we have ever had. It was an easy drive from our home in Fredericksburg, VA and made it there in 2 hours. We exited right off 95, dropped More our luggage, paid for the parking, parked and went on in. We stood in line to check in then waiting in our boarding area for maybe 30 minutes then we headed on up to the ship. The Pride in can say was truly beautiful. The guys got a kick out of some of the nudes (especially the one near the Normandy Dinning room), you will see it just past the grand piano - you can't miss it. I thought that the artwork all over the ship was a special touch I have not experienced on the others we have sailed on. We went to the Lido Deck and had lunch from the grill. We always do that on the first day. Everything was great!! I could not complain about the food at all. I enjoyed all of our meals, but especially the ones in the main dinning room. We had late seating and this has always worked well for us. Our head waitress, Jarunee from Thailand was so sweet and attentive, and her assistant, Nyoman, was always there with whatever we needed. They were always smiling and made us all feel special. Our cabin was on deck 8, mid ship, and had an extended balcony. We have always booked balconies and this was was great! It had so much room the four of us could all fit comfortably and have drinks. It comes with 2 chairs (1 that reclines) and a small table. We would bring out or vanity benches so we could all sit and relax together. Javier our cabin steward was the best! I have never felt so pampered. We saw him all the time as we were coming and going and he would ask how we were every time. VERY friendly. On some cruises we never see our stewards, but this time he always seemed to be around. I really can't say anything was bad about this cruise. The Ship was well maintained (they had closed the aft pool for tile repairs and the slide - this did not affect us since the kids were not with us and the mid ship pools were both open), crew was everywhere painting and cleaning. I never saw anything that was dirty or messy. We went to 2 shows, they were pretty good, and the first comedian was so funny - I forget his name, but he was from Georgia, and I laughed until I cried. The second comedian was not funny at all. We did enjoy the Carnival Legends show. I have seen this before on the Valor and enjoyed it more this time. The talent was better. Jaime, our cruise director, and William her assistant were great. I don't know where they get the energy to do what they do - the are amazing. All in all, this was a wonderful cruise. We are looking forward to the next one!!! Less

Read more Carnival Pride cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Pride Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Pride Balcony Panorama 8180

Cabin 8180 The extended balcony was wonderful, we had plenty of space. We did experience some noise from the Lido Deck above us, but not that bad. Always clean and neat - Thanks Javier!!!

We really had no idea what to do here, since I had read such negative reviews on this port. WE LOVED the Island and wish we had more time there. The four of us found a cab to take us around. We paid $25 each (less than the ship's price) and got a wonderful driver - Spencer for Hire is what he said his name was. He showed us the bad and the good. The poor and the rich. What an eye opener. The island is beautiful and the people are friendlier there. We also stopped at Lucaya to shop - the typical shopping village for tourists, and Spencer waited for us for an hour. There was none of that badgering from the sales people and we felt no pressure there. We did not have time to go over to the beaches, but I hear they are beautiful. Maybe next time, because I do hope to visit again. I would go to Freeport over Nassau any day.

Read 775 Freeport Reviews

We have been to Nassau multiple times, but since my sister-in-law had never been we did all the touristy things - the horse & buggy ride, the straw market and then later in the evening a stroll through Atlantis. If you go to Atlantis in the evening, they do not charge you to go through the dig and see the aquarium. We walked around the grounds some (they were deserted after dark) and saw the shark tank that is by the Temple Slide. I don't think they let you there without a wrist band during the day. Atlantis is beautiful and not to be missed. Our taxi ride back was quite the experience. We saw our lives pass before us on multiple times and were grateful to be back on the ship alive! Oh well, you never now in Nassau.

Read 2627 Nassau Reviews

Wednesday we were in Port Canaveral. I really did not like this stop. We took a shuttle to Cocoa Beach, went to Ron Jon's surf shop, walked to the beach, then caught the shuttle to the pier. NOT impressed at all. I am sorry we did not pick an excursion because I felt the day was wasted. We went back to the ship early. We watched from our balcony as supplies and fuel were brought in. I guess this is a stop they need to make more for the ship than for the guests. The weather was great, so i won't complain too much.