“The Solstice was a wonderful experience!”
Cruise review of Celebrity Solstice

Greek cruiser Celebrity Solstice 5 The Solstice was a wonderful experience!
Greek cruiser
Member Since 2007
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
This cruise celebrated our 30th anniversary and we found a wonderful experience on the Solstice. From the the moment we walked onto the ship, we were greeted with champagne and smiles and we got a warm and enchanted feeling of what was to come. This was our 4th cruise, first on Celebrity. Our other cruises were on Carnival ships. Although we loved the decor, we missed the dramatic lobby's that Carnival ships are noted for.

Immediately we were encouraged to go up to the Lido deck for some lunch, as our rooms would not be ready for a few hours. Everything was fresh, new and extremely clean! The staff was friendly. The food was outstanding and the selection was very nice. There was an elderly man slicing the roast beef, who quickly became my new friend. He greeted me each day carving meat for me.

The Solstice serves different flavors of ice cream, in addition to soft serve, and always had a line of excited cruisers trying to try new flavors.

Our room was in the aft of the ship and the balcony seemed larger because off from the edge of the railing was the very large extension from the restaurant just below us. At no time did we hear noise from any direction.

The only inconvenience would be the layer of soot that developed on the balcony from the smokestacks. I put 4 fresh pool towels down daily - one on each chair, one on the small table and one on the balcony floor so I never stepped on the balcony and tracked soot into the room. I learned it the hard way by getting soot on my feet and on my clothes. I took advantage of the balcony, but the soot annoyed my husband. He preferred going up to the top of the ship or to the pool to relax.

Our dinner table was upstairs (center of the room) one table over from the railing. We found our waiter Ita (I think that's his name) and his helper Ati very funny and outstanding. They took very good care of us, greeted us by name and always brought us 2 desserts each night. I always tried something new, but loved their creme brule! My husband tried 2 entres most nights and videoed everything...They did napkin and magic tricks most nights for the children next to us that made it extra special.

We did our own shore excursions on the trip.

Celebrity Solstice Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Sunset Veranda

SV6308
This is in the very Aft of the ship - balcony developed soot on the chairs, table and floors. I enjoyed leaving the door partially open and hearing the wake of the water. Balcony seems larger because there is a restaurant just below that jets out 15 or so feet to the edge of the ship.

Port
2 forts worth visiting - we went to the closest one to the ship. It was pretty interesting to see. The town is somewhat dirty, people friendly...save your shopping for St. Marteen. Wear comfortable shoes to the fort, as you are going up hill.
Read 2,274 San Juan Reviews
Port
Very nice! The shopping area is new and nice, but I'd recommend that you save your shopping for St. Marteen.

We went to a beach bar that had a monkey. It was entertaining. Don't leave your drink unattended as they will run off with your drink and drink it. Check youtube and see it for yourself.

Read 1,042 St. Kitts Reviews
I love St. Maarten! The port is just beautiful. The Dutch shops are closeby and have lots to see. You can take a short boat ride to get back to the ship that's nice.

The beaches on the French side - Orient Bay, our favorite is a must! Walk down the beach (to the left) from where the cab drops you off and the prices will drop dramatically for a chair, umbrella and a drink!

There are nudist walking the beach, so keep that in mind if you're bringing children.

Read 3,323 St. Maarten Reviews
Published 11/23/09
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Celebrity Solstice Review
Celebrity Solstice Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?