Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review by mishona

Member Name: mishona
Cruise Date: November 2009
Embarkation: San Diego
Destination: Mexican Riviera
See More About: Radiance of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Mexican Riviera Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Value-for-Money 5+

A fun getaway from the rain in Seattle to the sun in Cabo!
Positives: Food and main dining room - Seaview cafe fish and chips, MDR staff was great, the company at our table - both couples were experienced cruisers and had some great stories to share with us. The two shows we went to were good. Bartender remembered my name the next day, and I had only one drink the prior day and didn't tip any extra! Cabo - loved the water taxi ride and drinks on Medano beach. Wish we had more time there. We did not book an excursion. There are many water taxis waiting for your business. We paid $25 with tip and had the boat to ourselves as we walked around a bit and bought jewelry and drinks before we went back to the pier for the ride. Our stateroom was quite but the 3rd night I thought I was going to get sick. We were at the very front of ship. Not sure if other rooms felt the bobbing as much as I did.

Negatives: Water in stateroom - I noticed the first night it turned my washcloth brown. Didn't drink that water. We didn't buy bottled water but only drank the water they had in the beverage areas...hopefully from a different source. Luggage delivery - luggage was left in the hall for anyone to take. One of my bags had the handle ripped off with all the ID info. so we did not get it until about 8 pm when we went to Customer service. They had it locked in a room to the side but we called 2 times and no one mentioned any luggage that was unable to be delivered due to this. Internet access slow and expensive. Limited TV channels may make some people feel very cut off. I didn't mind it but some people may. Also, no irons in the staterooms.

Disembarkation - we asked for early exit even though our flights home were not until 1 and 2 pm. We were at the airport by 10 am. I think the group in this category was rather large so it was a bit of a slow process and felt a bit like cows being herded. We met in the theater at 8:30 and we were probably off the ship and our luggage collected by 9:15. Trip to airport was $12.50, and with it being Monday morning there was more traffic than when we arrived.

Overall, it was a great value and time and I look forward to many more!

Publication Date: 11/23/09